- 6 hrs ago German Actor Hardy Krüger Passes Away At 93: A Look At His Life And Career
- 11 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Split Black Gram Or Urad Dal Dosa
- 15 hrs ago Remodelling Your Kitchen? Here Are 8 Must-Haves To Take It To The Next Level
- 17 hrs ago Covid-Flu Combined Booster Shot Possible Late 2023: Moderna
- News Chidambaram should resign if Congress fails to oust BJP in Goa: TMC
- Finance Cryptos Show Strength; Cosmos Outperforms, Tether, Cardano Weak
- Sports BCCI Central Contracts: Will non-performers Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara be able to remain in Grade A?
- Movies Arun Verma, Who Worked Alongside Salman Khan In Kick, Passes Away At 62
- Technology Windows 11 Gets New Task Manager: Goodbye Legacy Task Manager
- Education ICSI CS Foundation CSEET Result 2022 Declared, Steps To Check ICSI CSEET CS Foundation Results On icsi.edu
- Automobiles Petrol Prices Slashed In Jharkhand: Rs 25 per Litre Subsidy
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
Poddar Foundation on Tuesday said it has signed an agreement with the Integrated Tribal Development Programme (ITDP) department to conduct mental health awareness sessions for tribal schools in Palghar district, Maharashtra.
Schools run by the Tribal Development Department (TDD) are known as ashram shalas and located in remote areas offer a residential educational facility to children from a disadvantaged tribal background, especially if the parents seasonally migrate for work, Poddar Foundation said in a statement.
Under the memorandum of understanding, Poddar Foundation will work with the students and teachers at the ashram shalas in Palghar to raise awareness about mental health issues.
''The tribal populations have greater vulnerability to mental health issues for multiple reasons. Available limited evidence supports high levels of stigma, myths and misconceptions about mental illness among tribes. Along with the Centre for Outreach and Strategic Alliances (COSA) and the assistance of the ITDP department, we planned mental health campaigns at the ashram shalas in the tribal areas of Vikramgad to create mental health awareness at the community level.
"We will be taking a holistic approach to cover various aspects like safety, resilience and how to cope," Poddar Foundation Managing Trustee Prakriti Poddar said.
- health#InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- disorders cureDo You Often Pick The Skin Around Nails? You May Have Excoriation Or Skin Picking Disorder?
- healthAlembic Pharma Gets Tentative USFDA Approval For Depressive Disorder Drug
- beyond loveStress Harms Relationships: How You Can Reduce It During Holidays And Beyond
- kidsAll About Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED): Serious Mental Health Disorder Found In Adolescents
- wellnessHoliday Depression: 7 Tips On How To Beat The Holiday Blues
- babyCan Babies Be Depressed? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment Of Baby Depression (Paediatric Depression)
- marriage and beyondDivorce and Modern India: Expert Opinion On 3 Reasons Why Divorce Rates Are Increasing In The Country
- wellnessWhat Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- wellnessWhat Is Hidden Depression? Symptoms, Risks And How To Recognize It In A Person
- wellnessBaking For Mental Health: Does It Help? What Are The Benefits?
- wellnessWorld Mental Health Day 2021: What Types Of Inequalities Are Linked To Higher Rates Of Mental Illnesses?