- 12 hrs ago Padma Awards 2022 Winners: Complete List Of Recipients Of The Prestigious Government Honour
- 13 hrs ago Expert Opinion: Mental Health And Behavioural Issues In Female Victims Of Violence Or Sexual Assault
- 22 hrs ago Pisces Horoscope 2022: Yearly Astrological Predictions About Life, Love, Career, Health And More
- 23 hrs ago Neglected Infectious Diseases May Be Tomorrow's Pandemic: Bharat Biotech Chief Dr Krishna Ella
- News PM Narendra Modi to host first India-Central Asia Summit today
- Technology Amazon Accessories Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Data Cards, Hard disk, Mouse, And More
- Movies Melody Song Of The Year From Mahesh Babu’s Sarkaru Vaari Paata Will Be Out On February 14
- Sports India ODI, T20I Squads Against WI: Rohit to lead, Kuldeep, Bishnoi in; Bumrah, Shami rested, Ashwin dropped
- Finance Motilal Oswal Recommends To Buy This Technology Stock For 29% Return
- Automobiles Tork Kratos & Kratos R Electric Motorcycles Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.07 Lakh
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday termed the Omicron variant of the coronavirus a "common viral fever", but said exercising caution is important even then. Speaking to reporters here after inspecting the COVID-19 vaccination programme for children in the age group of 15-18 years, Adityanath said, "It is true that Omicron spreads rapidly, but it is also true that as compared to the second wave (of the pandemic), the variant is quite weak. This is only a common viral fever, but caution and precautions are necessary for any disease. There is no need to panic."
He said it took 15-25 days to recover for those who were infected with the Delta variant of the virus in March-April last year and even after recuperating, they complained about a number of problems.
"But that is not the case for Omicron till now. The virus has weakened. But those suffering from some other diseases have to remain cautious. The government has imposed a night curfew as a precautionary measure," the chief minister added.
He said eight Omicron cases have so far been reported in Uttar Pradesh and of the patients, three have recovered and the others are in home isolation.
Vaccination Drive For Children
Referring to the Covid vaccination programme for children in the 15-18 age group, Adityanath said 1.4 crore beneficiaries will be administered the vaccine doses under the drive and 2,150 booths have been set up across the state for the purpose, including 39 in Lucknow.
He also said more than 20.25 crore Covid vaccine doses have so far been administered to the beneficiaries in the age group of 18 years and above, including over 12.84 crore people who have got the first dose and over 7.4 crore people who have got both doses of the vaccines.
- healthWill An Omicron-Specific Vaccine Help Control Covid? There's One Key Problem
- healthUnvaccinated People, Children Below 15 Yrs Not Allowed At R-Day Parade: Guidelines
- healthIndian-Origin Scientist Among UBC Researchers Unveil World's 1st Molecular-Level Analysis Of Omicron
- healthOmicron May Not Evade All Monoclonal Antibodies, Lab Study Suggests
- healthHow Are Doctors Coping With COVID Fatigue, As Pandemic Enters 3rd Year? Here's What They Have To Say
- healthCOVID-19: Staying At Isolation Facility Not Mandatory For Foreign Arrivals Testing Positive
- health60% COVID Deaths In 'Third Wave' Among Partially Or Completely Unvaccinated: Max Study
- healthActive COVID-19 Cases Highest In 237 Days
- healthNano Bubbles In Blood Of Covid Patients Could Treat, Prevent Infection With Coronavirus Variants
- healthCOVID Precaution Jab: Govt Says 63% Healthcare Workers, 58% Frontline Workers, 39% Above 60 Immunised
- healthNew AI-Based Test Uses X-Rays To Detect COVID In A Few Minutes
- wellnessCOVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Variant Under Investigation In The UK; Dubbed 'Stealth Omicron'