- 3 hrs ago Bigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- 5 hrs ago Nobel Prize For Literature: French Writer Annie Ernaux Wins Award
- 5 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Breathe Easy, This Sale Season: Upto 40% Off On Air Purifier
- 5 hrs ago Karva Chauth 2022: Alia Bhatt To Katrina Kaif, Red Ethnic Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- News Watch: Jaishankar accorded a Maori welcome
- Finance 4 Small Cap Stocks That Hit Their 52-Week Low On NSE, Opportunity To Invest
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Prashanth Sambargi Suffers An Emotional Breakdown After He Fails To Perform Well In Task
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Kerala Blasters vs East Bengal; Preview, Kick-off time, Live telecast and Live Streaming details
- Automobiles New Ola Electric Scooter Incoming: Will Be Launched Around Diwali & Priced At Around Rs 80,000
- Technology Redmi Pad Review: Redefining Budget Tablet Category
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
- Travel Sahara Desert: Largest Hot Desert in The World
In addition to being a well-known beauty ingredient, the rose flower has been proven to enhance sexual performance, relieve stress, and aid in weight loss. As Valentine's Day is closing in on us, let's take a look at the health benefits of the token flower of V-Day - Rose!
The fact that the rose flower has certain health benefits might not come as a surprise because rose tea is one of the most widely consumed tea for its antioxidant property. So, let's check out the health benefits of rosebuds.
Health Benefits Of Rose Flower
1. Helps relieve stress
Fatigue and stress lead to insomnia and restlessness that trigger irritability and frigidity. Rose petals and essence can help relieve these symptoms. Inhaling rose essence has been found to produce a sedative effect .
How to: Make a hot bath and add some rose petals to the hot water. The heat releases the aroma of roses, filling your bathroom with the fragrance of this flower and relaxing your body and mind.
2. Known for its astringent qualities
Rosewater helps reduce skin irritation on sensitive skin, balances oily skin, and softens and tones the skin. In addition to being a good astringent, it is also an excellent deep cleanser and toner. Furthermore, the presence of antioxidants and antibacterial components in rose petals soothes the skin, providing relief from excessive irritation and itching .
How to: A splash of rose water (especially after your routine skincare regimen) helps give your skin a radiant appearance and nourishment. For best results, do this frequently.
3. Lightens lip colour
Roses have a stunning effect on your lips. In addition to giving your lips a pink hue, they moisturise your skin and enhance the colour of your lips. Furthermore, rose petals exfoliate your lips and make them appear fuller.
How to: Prepare a paste of fresh rose petals by adding a spoonful of milk cream (malai) and a few drops of honey to the paste. Spread the paste on your lips. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash it off with water.
4. Has aphrodisiac properties
As well as being a universal symbol of love, roses are also a natural aphrodisiac. Based on Ayurvedic principles, rose petals are very effective in enhancing sexual activity by balancing two essential doshas in the body, which in turn regulate our nervous system, heart and mind .
5. May aid in weight loss
It is believed that rose petals contain compounds that improve metabolism as well as eliminate toxins from the body, thereby aiding in weight loss. In addition, eating a handful of rose petals satisfies your senses and prevents you from eating more, thus, helping you lose weight in a natural way .
How to: Add approximately 10-15 fresh rose petals to a glass of boiling water and wait for the water to turn pink. This solution may also be enhanced with honey and cinnamon powder. Drink this tea regularly (preferably in the morning) in order to lose excess fat.
6. May help combat symptoms of piles
Rose petals act as a natural remedy for piles. They are high in fibre and water content and contain compounds that aid in digestion by flushing out toxins in the body. Additionally, they are very effective in combating bleeding piles and act as an instant remedy for pain .
How to: Add 50 ml of water to a fistful of rose petals and crush them with a mortar and pestle until they form a thick solution. In order to eliminate bleeding piles, you should drink this solution on an empty stomach (especially in the morning) for three days.
On A Final Note...
More studies are required to establish the definitive health benefits of rose flower; however, the beautiful flowers can help reduce stress and is an effective astringent.
- nutritionWhat Is Gulkand? Know About Its Health Benefits, Uses And Side Effects
- wellness7 Healthy And Cooling Herbal Iced Teas For Summer With Recipes
- wellnessList Of Edible Flowers With Amazing Health Benefits
- pulseWhat Does Each Rose Colour Signify? Know The Meaning To Pick The Perfect Bloom For Someone Special
- lgbtqJosh And MASH Project Foundation Partner With Nazariya LGBT Resource Group For #MeriLoveLanguage Campaign
- fashion trendsValentine’s Day: Trendy And Elegant Outfits To Dress Up For A Date!
- wellnessDid You Know That Celebrating Valentine's Day Can Benefit Your Health? Here's How
- bollywood wardrobeMalaika Arora’s Red Sequin Dress Is A Glam Statement For Valentine’s Day!
- skin careValentine’s Day Special: Beauty Tips From Kourtney Kardashian, Priyanka Chopra And More!
- bollywood wardrobeValentine’s Day: Ananya Panday Looks Elegant In All Her Bright Red Outfits!
- relationshipAnti-Valentine Week 2022: When Is Slap Day, Kick Day, Breakup Day? Dates For Unromantic Week
- body careValentine’s Day Special: DIY Shimmering Body Oil For Glowy Skin!