- 8 hrs ago Dexamethasone Vs Methylprednisolone In COVID-19 Treatment: Which Drug Is Better?
- 8 hrs ago Is Your Partner Pocketing You? Know All About Pocketing In Relationships
- 8 hrs ago Miss Universe 2021: Miss Mexico Andrea Meza Wins The Crown And Stuns In Her Ruby Red Gown
- 10 hrs ago Miss Universe 2021: Mexico's Andrea Meza Wins The Crown - 12 Facts About The Beauty Queen
- Movies Prashanth Sambargi On His Bigg Boss Kannada 8 Journey: My Biggest Takeaway Was To Respect People's Emotions
- News Rajasthan BJP slams Congress leaders questioning export of COVID-19 vaccines
- Automobiles Mitsubishi Ralliart Set To Make A Comeback: Lots Of Sideways Rallying Action Coming Soon
- Sports SS Das named Indian women's team's batting coach
- Education Calcutta University Result 2021 Declared For BA And BSc Odd Semester
- Technology Oppo Reno6 5G Live Images Surface; iPhone 12 Ripoff?
- Finance Facebook To Come Up With Its Own Cryptocurrency Diem In 2021
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Goat cheese is one of the healthiest cheeses enjoyed around the world. It has a creamy texture, tangy taste and contains a good amount of nutrients. Goat cheese provides healthy fats, high-quality protein and is lower in calories than other types of cheeses.
What Is Goat Cheese?
Goat cheese, also known as chèvre is made from goat milk. It comes in a variety of flavours and textures, from soft and spreadable fresh cheese to salty, crumbled cheese.
All types of goat cheese are loaded with essential nutrients such as healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin B2, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, zinc and selenium  .
Goat cheese is considered a good alternative to cow cheese which is made from cow milk because it contains high-quality protein that can be digested easily, less lactose and doesn't cause allergies.
Goat cheese provides a number of health benefits. Let's have a look.
Health Benefits Of Goat Cheese
1. Lowers cholesterol
Goat cheese is naturally enriched in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) which improves cardiovascular and inflammatory health. A 2020 study published in the journal Nutrients found that overweight and obese people with a risk of cardiovascular disease who daily consumed 60 g goat cheese for 12 weeks significantly increased HDL (good) cholesterol .
2. Aids weight loss
As goat cheese is made from goat milk, consuming it can help lose weight because goat milk is high in medium-chain fatty acids - capric acid and caprylic acid which gets digested very fast and provides an immediate source of energy which leads to elevated feelings of satiety. A 2017 study reported that people who consumed a goat-milk based breakfast containing goat cheese significantly decreased the desire to eat and resulted in reduced hunger compared to a cow-milk based breakfast .
An increased feeling of fullness and reduced hunger can help promote weight loss.
Another study showed that goat cheese was effective in reducing body weight, BMI and waist circumference in overweight and obese people .
3. Supports bone health
Goat cheese is a good source of essential minerals like calcium, phosphorus and copper which are required by the body to build strong and healthy bones. Calcium is an important mineral that helps build healthy bones and lowers the risk of osteoporosis. Phosphorus is another important mineral that works with calcium in your body to keep your bones healthy and strong. Copper is an essential trace mineral that has been found to play a major role in bone health and maintenance  .
4. Promotes gut health
Consumption of goat cheese has been linked to a healthy gut because it contains a wide variety of probiotics including L. plantarum and L. acidophilus . Probiotics are good bacteria that helps keep your gut healthy and prevents digestive problems.
5. Reduces acne
Goat cheese contains capric acid that has been shown to possess anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Animal studies and test-tube studies have found that capric acid is effective in fighting P. acnes, a type of bacteria that causes acne on the skin .
6. Digests easily
Goat cheese is a good choice for people who are unable to digest lactose or allergic to cow cheese because goat cheese has a different protein structure and is also naturally lower in lactose than cow cheese. In addition, goat cheese contains A2 casein, a type of protein that is less inflammatory and less allergenic than A1 casein, a type of protein found abundantly in cow cheese, so consuming goat cheese is less likely to cause digestive disorders and make it easier to digest .
Ways To Include Goat Cheese In Your Diet
- Spread soft goat cheese on toast along with avocado, sautéed veggies and eggs for a healthy, wholesome breakfast.
- Add crumbled soft goat cheese in your chicken or green salad as a salad topping.
- Add goat cheese and sliced apples on crackers for a tasty, healthy snack.
- Add goat cheese to your favourite quiche or frittata recipe.
- Stuff chicken breast with goat cheese and fresh herbs and roast it in the oven.
- Cook omelette with goat cheese, mushrooms and fresh herbs.
- Add goat cheese to mashed potatoes.
- Add goat cheese to cooked oatmeal and then add fruits or veggies as toppings.
- Use goat cheese when making homemade pizza or flatbread.
- Add goat cheese to soups to add texture and flavour.
- Combine whipped goat cheese with a little bit of honey and serve with sliced fruit for a healthier dessert.
Goat Cheese Recipe
Berry goat cheese salad recipe 
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- A handful of lettuce
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mixed berries
- ½ cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 100 g goat cheese, crumbled
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss onions, walnuts, avocado oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Then place the ingredients on a baking sheet and roast it for 15-20 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
- In another bowl, toss lettuce, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, berries, roasted onions, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy.