- 41 min ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 55 min ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 1 hr ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 1 hr ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- News Ready for talks with PM on CAA, but the Centre has to withdraw the act first: Mamata Banerjee
- Technology Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Odisha FC vs FC Goa: Preview, Team News, Dream11, Fantasy Tips, Prediction, TV Info
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Movies Vijay To Team Up With THIS Director For His Next?
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Canola oil, which comes from the crushed seeds of the canola (scientifically known as Brassica napus) plant, has gained momentum as a health booster oil in the past decade.
Canola oil is rich in alpha-linolenic acid and linoleic acid, which are vital omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids beneficial for health.
Canola oil is used for cooking as well as for maintaining overall health, which includes hair and skin health.
The oil not only has curative properties but is also known for its disease prevention capabilities. Considering its overall usage and benefits, it is termed as a versatile oil, which can be an ideal choice to switch over.
So, here are some of the health benefits which you can derive with the usage of canola oil.
1. Healthy Heart
Canola oil is known to be one of the healthiest oils for the heart. The oil which contains the least amount of saturated fat aids to a healthy heart.
The fatty acids as well as sterols contained in canola oil are beneficial for the heart's health. Canola oil is a healthy choice, as it is free of cholesterol.
The phytosterols in the oil can lower the formation and absorption of cholesterol obtained from the other food sources.
2. Lowers Inflammation
Canola oil can help lower inflammation. It is a cure for asthma and arthritis. It can help reduce joint stiffness and thus improve mobility.
3. Energy Level Accelerator
This oil aids in a good run of the metabolism of the body. It doesn't let your energy level sink low due to its rich content of antioxidants and also its no-cholesterol content.
4. Lowers The Risk Of Cancer
This oil is found to be beneficial in lowering the cancer risks. The vitamin E content in canola oil is known to be effective in preventing cancer and lowering the progression of the disease in the body.
5. Lowers Blood Sugar Level
Usage of canola oil is found to be effective in maintaining the blood sugar levels. Patients with diabetes are noted to have lower blood glucose levels after the usage of canola oil. It is high in monounsaturated fat, which helps control the blood sugar or insulin levels.
6. Prevents Memory Loss
The health benefits of canola oil also contain ingredients that can boost the mental health and prevent the ageing of the brain.
7. Healthy Skin
Canola oil is used for maintaining a healthy skin. The fatty acids contained in the oil keep the skin nourished and moisturized and it is ideal for dry skin.
Canola oil is also used to treat blemishes, wrinkles and also skin infections. Canola oil contains vitamin E and antioxidants, which make the skin supple and youthful.
8. For A Great Hair Texture & Quality
Canola oil is a natural way of attaining healthy tresses. It nourishes the hair and scalp, and helps fight dandruff. Dry and frizzy hair can be treated with the use of canola oil, as the oil penetrates deep into the scalp, improving the quality of hair.
The oil also accelerates hair growth and is found to be effective in reducing hair fall.
Canola oil can be a good alternative to the other oils that you are using for the above good reasons.
Switching over to canola oil can thus be a healthy choice for a healthy lifestyle.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.