- 5 min ago Venus Transit In Gemini 13 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 55 min ago Shenaz Treasury Diagnosed With Prosopagnosia; Know About The Condition That Causes 'Face Blindness'
- 2 hrs ago July 2022: Auspicious Wedding Dates With Muhurat Timings
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News Maharashtra crisis: No talk with BJP on ministries yet, says Shinde
- Movies Pavithra Lokesh Files Police Complaint Against Culprits Who Created Her Fake Profiles on FB!
- Education TS SSC Result Marks Memo 2022: How To Check TS Class 10 Grades And Telangana SSC Marks Memo 2022
- Finance Karnataka Bank Increases Interest Rate On Domestic, NRE Rupee Deposits: Check New Rates
- Sports India Playing 11 for 5th Test vs England Predicted: Focus on Rohit Sharma, Vihari, Ashwin
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1630 Goes Official
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N Vs Tata Safari: Specs Comparison
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
Manganese is a trace mineral which is found mostly in the pancreas, liver, kidneys and bones. This mineral is required for proper enzyme functioning, nutrient absorption, wound healing, and bone development and it also aids the body to form the connective tissues, bones and sex hormones.
Manganese is necessary for the proper functioning of the brain and nerve function, and it also plays a key role in calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation. This prevents osteoporosis and inflammation.
Each adult has about 15-20 milligrams of manganese stored in their body, which isn't enough, and that's why it is essential to include this mineral in your diet.
If you do not include manganese-rich foods in your diet, you may have a deficiency of this mineral, which will cause anaemia, hormonal imbalances, low immunity, changes in digestion and appetite, weak bones, chronic fatigue syndrome and infertility.
To prevent manganese deficiency, start having foods that are rich in manganese.
Have a look at the foods that are high in manganese.
Oats are a favourite breakfast food. They are rich sources of manganese with 7.7 milligrams of it in one cup. Oats are also loaded with antioxidants, fibre, and beta-glucan, which can help prevent obesity and treat metabolic syndrome. Oats will also lower your cholesterol and prevent heart diseases.
How To Have: Eat a bowl of oats daily for breakfast.
Soybeans are an excellent source of manganese and a good source of plant-based protein too. 1 cup of soybeans contains 4.7 milligrams of manganese. Having soybeans as a part of your meal will provide your body with manganese and decrease your cholesterol levels.
How To Have: You can have soybeans in the form of a soup or curry.
Whole wheat is a very good source of manganese and is packed with fibre too. This helps in regulating the blood sugar and blood pressure levels. 168 grams of whole wheat contains 5.7 milligrams of manganese. Whole wheat contains an antioxidant called lutein, which is important for eye health.
How To Have: Eat whole-wheat bread toast for breakfast with jam or peanut butter.
Quinoa is also a rich source of manganese with a high amount of protein in it as well. Quinoa is gluten-free and is considered as one of the most nutrient-rich foods. 170 grams of quinoa contains 3.5 milligrams of manganese. It also contains nine essential amino acids that is high in dietary fibre too.
How To Have: You can either make pancakes with quinoa or have it as a porridge.
Almonds are packed with manganese, vitamin E and other vitamins and minerals. 95 grams of almonds contains 2.2 milligrams of manganese. Having almonds daily will help in the proper functioning of the brain and nerve function. It will also reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
How To Have: Have a handful of soaked almonds in the morning along with your breakfast or have it as an evening snack.
Garlic is a rich source of manganese. 136 grams of garlic contains 2.3 milligrams of manganese. It contains a compound called allicin, which has potent biological effects. Garlic has the powerful ability to combat sickness and common cold and also maintains the cholesterol levels. But, consume garlic in less quantities.
How To Have: Add garlic in your meals, to get most of the mineral.
Cloves are another wonderful spice which are high in manganese. 6 grams of cloves contains 2 milligrams of manganese. Manganese helps in reducing inflammation. Cloves are used in ayurvedic medicine too because it possesses anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
How To Have: You can chew a raw clove or add it in your cooking.
Chickpeas is another food which is high in manganese and is a good source of plant-based protein. 164 grams of chickpeas contains 1.7 milligrams of manganese. Chickpeas enhances digestion due to its high fibre content and balances the cholesterol levels.
How To Have: You can add chickpeas in your soup or make it into a curry.
9. Brown Rice
Did you know that brown rice is high in manganese? 195 grams of brown rice contains 1.8 milligrams of manganese. Eating brown rice daily will reduce the bad cholesterol and also cut the risk of colon cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
How To Have: Eat brown rice as a part of your lunch and substitute it with white rice.
Pineapple is a rich source of manganese too. 165 grams of pineapple contains 1.5 milligrams of manganese. This helps in boosting the immune system and prevents cancer. It also promotes regularity in the bowel movement and improves the digestive tract.
How To Have: Add pineapple in your salads or add it in your fruit salads.
Raspberries are also an excellent source of manganese. 123 grams of raspberries contain 0.8 milligrams of manganese. This helps in preventing various types of cancers, other heart-related diseases and age-related mental diseases as well.
How To Have: Add raspberries in your fruit salad or have it as a breakfast smoothie.
Bananas are an excellent source of magnesium and other minerals too. 225 grams of bananas contain 0.6 milligrams of manganese. This aids in preventing several critical diseases such as heart attack and stroke. Bananas also help in improving the health of the kidneys.
How To Have: Eating the whole fruit is a best way but you can also add it in your smoothie.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.
- nutritionWorld TB Day 2022: Foods To Consume And Avoid By Tuberculosis Patients
- kidsExpert Article: Importance of Nutrition for Teenagers
- prenatalMother’s Day Special: Healthy Food For Moms After Second Pregnancy
- wellnessRamadan 2021: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Fasting Associated Dehydration
- nutritionAll The Foods That Make You Hungrier After Eating Them!
- wellnessBest Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellness18 Low-Oxalate Foods That May Help Prevent The Risk Of Kidney Stones
- prenatalHealthy Foods To Eat During The Third Trimester Of Pregnancy
- wellness9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
- wellnessPsoriatic Arthritis Diet: Foods To Eat And Avoid
- nutritionEat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain