- 58 min ago What You Need To Know About The Ranna Puja (Cooking Festival) In West Bengal
- 58 min ago Kangana Ranaut's Latest Airport Wardrobe Includes Breezy And Boss Lady Outfits
- 1 hr ago How To Get Nushrat Bharucha’s Glossy Make-up And Wet Hair Look
- 1 hr ago Dream Girl Actress Nushrat Bharucha Has Long Dress Goals For Girls With Average Height
- Sports BCCI election runs into rough weather over cooling off clause
- Automobiles Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- Movies This Video of Taimur Speaking Toddler Language Is The CUTEST Thing You Will See On The Internet
- News Held for drunk riding, Florida couple have sex inside police car
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Technology Exclusive: Vivo U10 To Offer 6.35" Halo Full-View Display, 5,000mAh Battery And 15W Charger In Box
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
If you want to maintain a healthy heart, you need to follow a healthy lifestyle. Heart diseases are one of the deadliest diseases and these occur due to the progressive build-up of plaque in the arteries, which narrows the inner walls, restricting and blocking the flow of blood.
Arteries are blood vessels that deliver oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the different cells in the body. When there is a plaque build-up and blood flow becomes inhibited, these clogged arteries can lead to more serious problems such as heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
To keep your heart and arteries healthy and free of blockage, you need to include certain foods in your daily diet and incorporate a few lifestyle changes.
These foods will unclog your arteries. So, here are the best foods that help cleanse your arteries.
Asparagus is one of the foods that will cleanse your arteries. It contains fibre and minerals that will help in lowering blood pressure and prevent blood clots that can lead to serious heart diseases. Asparagus contains antioxidants that fight inflammation and prevent the damaging oxidation that causes blocked arteries.
Avocado helps in reducing the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol that helps in clearing the arteries. It contains potassium, which is known to lower blood pressure and contains vitamin E, which prevents cholesterol oxidation.
Broccoli can prevent clogged or blocked arteries because it is loaded with vitamin K, which prevents from damaging the arteries. Broccoli also lowers blood pressure and reduces stress and also prevents cholesterol oxidation. It also prevents plaque build-up in the arteries.
Fatty fish like mackerel, salmon and tuna are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats can help to clear your arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids help to increase good cholesterol and decrease blood vessel inflammation and the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
Turmeric contains curcumin that reduces inflammation, which causes the hardening of the arteries. Therefore, turmeric powder works best in lowering inflammation in the arteries and this inflammation is caused by following unhealthy food habits.
Consuming oranges helps in lowering blood pressure because it contains antioxidants that help to improve the blood vessel function. The vitamin C present in oranges helps in strengthening the arteries and does not lead to blockages.
Pomegranate is another food for cleansing and detoxifying your arteries. This fruit is extremely helpful for preventing blockages in the arteries because it contains phytochemicals. Pomegranates also stimulate the production of nitric oxide, which consequently helps boost blood flow in the arteries.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid, an essential fatty acid that lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol. Use olive oil in cooking and for salad dressings. Choose organic virgin olive oil for maximum health benefits.
Watermelon contains essential amino acids which help to lower blood pressure levels in the body. It also boosts nitric oxide production in the body, which causes the arteries to relax, decreases inflammation and also helps lower blood pressure.
Nuts are healthier choices when it comes to keeping your heart healthy. Almonds are the best choice because they are rich in monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, fibre and protein. Magnesium present in almonds prevents plaque formation and lowers blood pressure.
Spinach is filled with potassium, folate and fibre, which help to lower blood pressure and prevent the blockage of the arteries. One serving of spinach per day helps in decreasing the risk factor for heart diseases such as atherosclerosis.
Tomatoes contain lycopene, which helps to decrease the bad cholesterol from the bloodstream. They are also rich in fibre that helps clear blockages from your arteries. Include tomatoes in your salads and juices. Also, you could use tomatoes in your meals.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.