- 1 hr ago Miss India 2022: Sini Shetty From Karnataka Wins The Beauty Pageant
- 14 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 17 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 20 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
Have you been still carrying your holiday weight and planning to go back to your earlier healthy eating habits? However, are you still finding it difficult? Well, this happens to everyone, as the body takes time to adjust to the new healthy eating habits.
Developing healthy eating habits is not confusing and difficult, as many would imagine. The essential steps are to eat foods which are mostly derived from plants and putting a limit to highly processed foods.
Healthy eating habits is not about strict dietary limitations or depriving yourself of the foods you love. It is about making you feel great, having more energy, improving your health and stabilizing your mood.
Eating habits can also help you to maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Here are 10 tips for healthy eating habits that will be good for your mind as well as for your body.
1. Consume A Variety Of Foods
To maintain a healthy eating habit, eat a wide assortment of foods that will help to fight off the diseases that try to attack your body. Eating a variety of foods will give you all the nutrients and will also limit your exposure to any pesticides or toxic substances that may be present in a particular food.
2. Portion Size
If you are consuming high-calorie foods, portion size is the key. If you are eating at a restaurant, choose an appetizer that you can share with your friend. Read the food labels carefully to check their fat content and serving size to prevent yourself from consuming double the fat.
3. Eat Fresh Produce
Mix a ratio of vegetables and fruits in your diet. Include all types of coloured vegetables and fruits to provide you with the nutrients, fibre and other compounds. It will help in protecting against certain types of cancer and other diseases. Choose legumes and whole fruits and omit out canned fruits and veggies.
4. Whole Grain Foods
Include whole grains such as whole grain bread, oats, whole wheat and barley. Whole grain foods will provide you with all the nutrients that are required by the body. Overweight people who eat more of whole grains lose more weight than those who eat refined wheat.
5. Remove Refined Carbohydrates
The refined carbs in white bread, snack foods and pasta have no dietary fibre and are stripped of many essential nutrients. Also, limit foods that consist of added sugars, such as soda and processed foods. These contain empty calories and contribute to weight gain.
6. Eat Fish And Nuts
Fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals and omega-3 fatty acids that help prevent heart diseases. Nuts also contain healthy fats that are best for your body and will not promote weight gain like any other saturated fats.
7. Cut Down On Red Meat
Red meat and processed meat contain saturated fats that may increase the LDL (bad) cholesterol. To keep your cholesterol levels under control, choose lean meat and low-fat dairy products. Lean meat like chicken breasts and shrimps contains high protein but does not contain saturated fat.
8. Omit Trans Fats
Trans fats are found in hydrogenated vegetable oil found in commercial baked goods, snack foods and fast foods. This trans fat raises the bad cholesterol and reduces the good cholesterol. In order to maintain a healthy eating habit, you definitely need to omit out trans fats.
9. Increase Potassium
Consume more of potassium-rich fruits that will help to lower your blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of salt. Potassium is also one of the important minerals that the body relies on heavily to function properly.
10. Get Your Dose Of Calcium And Vitamin D
Calcium and vitamin D is vital for bone health. Get calcium from dairy products and if you are not able to take calcium from foods, take a calcium supplement. On the other hand, vitamin D is required for keeping your bones strong and the best source of vitamin D comes from sunlight.
11. Limit Alcohol
The intake of alcohol in moderation is fine but an increase in intake of alcohol will lead to a wide range of health problems. It may impair your ability to drive and may increase the risk of certain cancers. Instead, you can drink red wine in moderate quantities.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your friends and family.
- nutritionHow To Make Your Diet More Sustainable, Healthy Or Cheap - Without Giving Up Nutrients
- wellness22 Simple And Effective Tips To Stay Healthy This Winter Season
- wellness10 Healthy Ways To Eat More Vegetables EveryDay
- wellness9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
- wellness7 Healthy Substitutes For Milk Powder
- wellness7 Best And Healthy Substitutes For Vegetable Oil
- wellness6 Healthy Ways To Eat Potatoes
- wellness10 Best Healthy Alternatives To Rice You Should Try
- wellnessOlive Oil vs Vegetable Oil: Which Is A Healthier Option?
- wellness6 Healthy Ways To Eat Spinach
- diet fitness16 Fun Toppings And Recipes To Make Your Tacos Healthy And Tasty!
- wellness8 Ways To Live A Quality Life With Hepatitis