- 5 hrs ago Sapta Moksha Puri: The 7 Holy Cities To Visit For Final Liberation
- 6 hrs ago You Might Live Longer If You Have A Sense Of Purpose, Study
- 7 hrs ago Indian Gravies: How To Make Restaurant Style Red Gravy Using Onion And Tomato
- 7 hrs ago Do You Know About India’s Billionth Baby? Know About Aastha Arora
- News ‘800 officers found nothing’, Sisodia slams Centre as CBI, ED gives clean chit in Delhi excise case
- Sports ISL: ATK Mohun Bagan vs Hyderabad FC: Defending champions lose top spot after falling to a spirited ATKMB
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 6: Kamal Haasan Slams Contestants For Playing ‘Safe Game’
- Finance With 23.9% Annualised Returns On 3 Years SIP, This Tax Saver Equity Fund Is Good For SIP
- Automobiles Force Urbania Bookings Open – Limited Dealers Authorised To Accept Bookings
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
- Technology Realme 10 Pro+ With Curved AMOLED Could Launch Under ₹25,000 In India
Yogurt is a popular dairy product which is eaten by most of the people. No one can resist a bowl of fresh, creamy yogurt which has got power-boosting protein. This dairy product is versatile and can be eaten in a variety of ways.
It can be eaten with fruits and it can be blended into smoothies or it can be added in dishes. In whichever dish it is, yogurt adds texture to curries or makes your breakfast cereal wholesome.
Yogurt comes from milk and it is loaded with several nutrients like potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B2 and vitamin B12. It is nutritious, healthy and eating it regularly may boost several aspects of health.
In this article, we will talk about the 10 surprising health benefits of yogurt when taken in the morning either during breakfast or after breakfast.
1. Soothes The Digestive System
Yogurt facilitates in proper digestion. So, consuming yogurt daily in the morning can protect the intestine and digestive system from toxins and bad bacteria. It soothes inflamed digestive system and can treat an upset stomach.
2. Stronger Immunity
Yogurt has the ability to fight against the disease-causing germs and keep your gut and intestinal tract protected. Moreover, the immune-enhancing properties of yogurt are due to the minerals present in it like magnesium, zinc and selenium.
3. Reduces High Blood Pressure
Sometimes, you tend to consume more salt which can lead to hypertension and kidney problems. The potassium in yogurt helps in flushing out the excess sodium out of your body. Thus, it helps in lowering blood pressure and promotes a healthy heart.
4. Prevents Vaginal Infections
Yogurt is particularly good for women because it helps in preventing the growth of yeast infections. The Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria found in yogurt controls the growth of infection in the body and kills off the yeast infections.
5. Stronger Bones
A cup of yogurt contains 275 mg of calcium and a daily dose of it in the morning will keep your bones strong. It not only strengthens the bones but also helps in maintaining bone density.
6. It Fights Off Bad Bacteria
Yogurt has probiotics which remove the harmful micro-organisms from the digestive tract that can lead to intestinal infections. If you are suffering from bloating or diarrhoea, consume yogurt in the morning.
7. Helps Recover Faster After Workout
Yogurt makes an excellent post-workout snack. The protein in yogurt provides amino acids to your muscles to repair themselves. After a workout, your body's energy is low, yogurt helps in increasing the energy levels in the body.
8. It May Curb Allergies
Research has proven that pregnant mothers who consume yogurt in their eighth month had babies who are less prone to allergic reactions. Even children who consume yogurt daily had lesser risk of infections and allergies, as per the study conducted.
9. Promotes Weight Loss
Yogurt is low in calories and helps to keep your weight in control. The fat situated around your waist produces the hormone cortisol, which tells the body to accumulate more belly fat. When you consume yogurt, the calcium signals your fat cells to pump out less cortisol, making you lose weight.
10. Yogurt Fights Cavities
Yogurt can fight off cavities that erode the tooth enamel. Yogurt contains lactic acid that protects your gums from germs and unwanted food particles.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
- wellnessA Multi-sectoral Action To Make Mental Health Services Accessible To Marginalised People And Communities
- zodiac signsHealth Horoscope 2023: Know Health Rashifal Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- diabetesExclusive: Expert Explains How Diabetes And Varicose Veins Are Closely Linked, Risk Factors, And Treatments
- wellnessActor Varun Dhawan Diagnosed With Vestibular Hypofunction: Know About The Health Condition
- disorders cureSamantha Ruth Prabhu Opens Up On Her Autoimmune Condition, Know More
- healthIndia Has One Of The Least Health Freedoms In The World, Says Study - What Does It Imply?
- wellnessExpert Article: 8 Evils To Win Over This Dussehra For Perfect Mental Well-Being
- wellnessOld Age Is A Risk Factor For Pneumonia Due To The Omicron Variant: Study
- relationshipReasons Why Crying Could Determine Your Strengths, Not Weaknesses
- disorders cureActor Ajith Kumar Tweets ‘Protect Your Ears': Know More About Hearing Disorder Tinnitus
- wellnessExpert Article: Managing Digestive System Disease Naturally In Rainy Season
- offer of the dayCervical Pillow, Ankle Support, Weighing Machine, Wheelchair And More Health Products On Sale: Up To 60% Off