- 6 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 6 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 6 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 8 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- Movies Manushi Chhillar Opens Up About Her Debut Film Prithviraj Opposite Akshay Kumar
- News Three dead in Oklahoma Walmart shooting: US media
- Sports F1 Raceweek: Vettel and Leclerc - when team-mates collide
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Turmeric is an ancient spice which has been used in ayurvedic medicine for ages. Turmeric has a compound called curcumin, which offers numerous health benefits.
Black pepper, on the other hand, is used for medicinal purposes and offers great health benefits too. So, when turmeric and black pepper are combined together, it provides immense benefits.
Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. Black pepper is derived from black peppercorns, which has its own set of health benefits.
Black pepper enhances digestion and regulates nerve signals to fight cancer and boost metabolism.
So, let's have a look at the health benefits of turmeric and black pepper.
1. Black Pepper Enhances Bioavailability Of Turmeric
The problem with turmeric is its low levels of bioavailability. Most of the turmeric is ingested in the body, but it gets metabolized before it can get absorbed. The effect of black pepper allows your body to use turmeric.
2. Reduces Pain
Piperine, a compound in black pepper, can trigger TRPV1 (transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1) in the body. This helps in reducing pain. Both turmeric and black pepper when combined together can help cure pain.
3. Prevents Cancer
Piperine and curcumin are dietary polyphenols which have an effect on preventing breast cancer. Turmeric and black pepper prevent the formation of cancerous cells and thus, aid in preventing breast cancer.
4. Controls Obesity
Turmeric and black pepper when combined together can help fight high cholesterol levels, obesity and diabetes. Having this combination will lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
5. Manages Diabetes
Diabetes can cause a host of other health problems like blood vessel damage. Research has found that compounds in turmeric and pepper help reduce oxidative stress. Oxidative stress causes the blood vessels to be damaged.
6. Battles Inflammation
Pepper and turmeric can treat inflammatory disorders such as arthritis because both these spices contain anti-inflammatory properties. They can also treat other inflammatory disorders.
7. Aids Weight Loss
People who are looking forward to losing weight can have turmeric with pepper. Black pepper will increase the body's metabolism and elevate the number of calories burned. When combined with turmeric, it will lower bad cholesterol.
8. Prevents Liver Disease
Turmeric has curcumin, which is a potent liver detoxifier. Liver is an important organ that is responsible for filtering the blood and flushing out toxins. Turmeric ensures that there is no waste accumulated in the body.
9. Prevents Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's disease is a devastating disease. It is believed that one of the major causes of Alzheimer's disease is inflammation. Turmeric being rich in anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent this disease by reducing inflammation in the body.
10. Prevents Gastric Ulcer
When turmeric and black pepper is combined together, it could help relieve gastric mucous damage, which is caused by peptic ulcers. Curcumin prevents the growth of certain bacteria that cause peptic ulcers.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, don't forget to share it.