- 31 min ago Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 April 2021
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- 16 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aries 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- Sports Pakistan players will get visas for T20 World Cup
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Says He Likes Validation For His Work; 'Actors Usually Shy Away From Talking About That'
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For April 17; Get Free Starter Pack Today
- News Watch: To skip COVID test, passengers make a run out of railway station in Bihar’s Buxar
- Finance TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Mindtree: How These IT Giants Performed In Q4FY21?
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
When you are under the weather, you don't feel like eating anything. Your metabolism rate goes down, which makes you feel more worse. Sometimes, you may get unusual cravings like eating ice creams, chocolates or having a glass of wine. Here, we will be discussing about the best foods to eat for sickness.
One can get sick due to many reasons and it can happen at any time. It can cause if the temperature is too cold or if bacteria or virus has attacked your body, which causes cold and flu.
Eating certain foods can trigger the feel-good hormones and cure you from sickness. These foods will also provide your body with energy.
These foods have powerful properties that can support your body while it's fighting against illnesses.
So, read on to know more about the best foods to eat during sickness.
1. Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is mostly eaten during a cold. It is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, protein and calories, which your body requires in larger quantities while you are sick. Chicken soup is also rich in electrolytes and fluids that will help to hydrate your body.
Garlic has been used as a medicinal herb for centuries. It contains antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties that can cure sickness. It can fight bacteria, virus and stimulate the immune system. Add garlic to chicken soup or broth.
3. Hot Tea
Hot tea can treat the symptoms of cold and flu. It acts as a natural decongestant that helps to clear the mucus caused by sinus. It also contains polyphenols, an antioxidant that can fight illness. Drink black tea, as it decreases the growth of bacteria in the throat.
Broths are similar to chicken soups. They are packed with flavour and contain calories, vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, folate, calcium and phosphorous. Drinking bone broth during sickness will cure you faster.
Honey contains antibacterial and antimicrobial compounds. These make honey an excellent food for sickness. When you have a sore throat caused by a bacterial infection, have a tablespoon of honey daily.
6. Spicy Foods
Spicy foods like chilli peppers have capsaicin that is known to relieve you from body pain. Many people who have a running nose during a cold, include spicy foods in their diet. This breaks up the mucus and clears out the sinus passages.
Bananas are excellent foods to eat when you are sick. They are a good source of calories and nutrients and can also help relieve nausea and diarrhoea.
Oatmeal provides calories, vitamins and minerals. Oatmeal stimulates the immune system, decreases inflammation in the digestive system and improves blood sugar control. Overall, it helps to cure sickness.
Yogurt is another best food to eat when sick. It provides 150 calories and 8 grams of protein. It is rich in calcium and being a probiotic food, it can help you get sick less often and get better faster.
Fruits like strawberries, cranberries, blueberries, pomegranates and blackberries should be eaten during sickness. Because these fruits contain beneficial compounds called anthocyanins that can bring relief from sickness. These anthocyanins have strong anti-inflammatory, antiviral and immune-boosting properties.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.