- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says He Would Become Extremely Lonely If He Ever Took Up Direction
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Tomato is a vegetable and fruit that forms a part of all our culinary needs. Consuming tomatoes help in boosting our overall health and also improves the flavour of food.
Taking tomatoes have several benefits for the body. It helps in eliminating several of the top seeded diseases and also increases your overall mortality and obesity.
Tomatoes contain lycopene which is a carotenoid pigment that helps your body in several ways. Tomatoes are widely known for their outstanding antioxidant content.
The health benefits of tomatoes include improved eyesight, good stomach health as well as reduced blood pressure.
It also gives relief from diabetes, skin problems and urinary tract infections.
Overall it provides lot of benefits for your body. In this article we have listed the reasons why you must add tomatoes to your diet everyday.
Read to know the top health benefits of tomatoes.
1. Prevents Cancer:
Tomatoes are a powerful source of antioxidants and vitamin C that helps fight free radicals against cancer. The high content of lycopene in tomatoes help prevent cancer.
2. Protects Your Heart:
Tomatoes contain choline, potassium, fibre and vitamin C that helps improve the function of heart. A high intake of potassium is effective in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. This is one of the top health benefits of tomatoes.
3. Prevents Diabetes:
A high content of fibre in tomatoes help to decrease the risk of diabetes. Fibre rich foods in tomato helps in managing the insulin levels.
4. Good For Skin:
Tomatoes contain vitamin C that is required for collagen synthesis. It helps to keep the skin firm, improves elasticity and heals wouds.
5. Reduces Depression:
Relieving depression and stress is one of the major benefits of tomatoes. Folate found in tomatoes help in extremely dealing with depression by preventing the buildup of excessive homocysteine.
6. Improves Vision:
Tomatoes contain beta carotene and vitamin A that are important for maintaining vision and also supports the function of retina.
7. Improves Digestive System:
Tomatoes help in keeping the digestive system healthy by keeping constipation and diarrhoea at bay. It also helps in removing the harmful toxins from the body.
8. Fights Inflammation:
In order to avoid inflammation, you must drink a glass of tomato juice everyday. It effectively helps in treating inflammation and hence arthritis and joint aches. This is one of the top benefits of eating tomatoes.
9. Prevents Urinary Infections:
Tomatoes are extremely high in water content and hence reduces the chances of contracting urinary tract infections.
10. Prevents Thrombosis:
For the prevention of thrombosis, take low sodium tomato juice everyday. This effectively helps in preventing the occurrence of thrombosis.