Bananas are a part of daily diet for many Indians. Some of us prefer the ripe banana whereas some like it green. But which of them is healthy?
A banana offers phosphorous, vitamins, potassium and magnesium. Banana also contains fibre. Some ongoing studies claim that bananas also have the ability to prevent some types of cancers.
A ripe banana tastes good but some like to eat only an unripe banana. In this post, let us discuss about the benefits of both ripe and unripe bananas.
Unripe Bananas Boost Colon Health
Unripe bananas help your body in calcium absorption. In fact, when you are suffering from diarrhea, eating a green banana may help your body absorb more nutrients. Unripe bananas boost colon health as they contain friendly bacteria.
Unripe Bananas Offer Resistant Starch
Even people with type 2 diabetes can eat unripe bananas. Unripe bananas also contain resistant starch.
Ripe Banana Is Rich In Antioxidants
What about the antioxidant content? Well, a ripe banana (yellow) contains more antioxidants compared to an unripe one.
Do Green Bananas Cause Bloating?
One issue with green bananas is that they could cause gas and bloating in some.
Ripe Bananas Digest Fast
When it comes to the benefits of ripe bananas (yellow), they digest easily as the resistant starch in them gets converted into simple sugar during the process of ripening.
Ripe Bananas Not For Diabetics
As the glycemic index of ripe bananas is higher, it is not recommended for diabetics.
Ripe Bananas Contain Few Micro-Nutrients
Some studies claim that ripe bananas may contain lesser micro nutrients. It is advisable to store them in a refrigerator to reduce the loss of micro-nutrients.
Short-chain Fatty Acids
A study revealed that green bananas offer short-chain fatty acids which are good for the your intestinal health.
This way, both rip and unripe bananas offer various health benefits. Depending upon what you need, you can choose one among them.
- 9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- 11 Foods That Are High In Magnesium
- 12 Home Remedies To Cure Muscle Weakness Naturally
- How To Make Banana And Jam Cake Recipe
- 10 Food Combinations To Avoid That Can Harm Your Health
- 12 Best Smoothies For Weight Loss
- Top 13 Vitamin B6-rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- 12 Ways To Gain Weight Naturally At Home
- Top 11 Indian Home Remedies For Insomnia
- 11 Easily Available Foods To Fight Fatigue
- Incredible Fruit Hair Packs For Long And Lustrous Hair
- 12 Indian Foods To Increase Sperm Count Fast
- 10 Amazing Nutrition Facts About Pears