- 6 min ago Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- 5 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- News Muslims will never allow talibanisation mindset to surface in India: Ajmer Dargah deewan on Udaipur killing
- Sports Wimbledon 2022, June 29 Order of Play and Schedule: Live Streaming in India and TV Channel List
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Says He Never Thought Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 Would Cross Rs 200 Crore Mark; 'It All Feels Unreal'
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Rate Today: Check Fuel Prices In Your City Now
- Technology Spotify Supergrouper Announced: How To Create A Custom Playlist With Spotify Supergrouper?
- Automobiles 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
An insect in the ear is the biggest torture. It isn't easy to bear the inconvenience. And it happens at least once in a lifetime. Mostly, it could happen to children.
Ear is a very sensitive part. The internal parts of the ear are very delicate and therefore, you can't take an impulsive step the moment an insect goes in and gets stuck.
You need to know what to do and what not to do in such a situation. Here are some points to remember when any insect gets stuck in your ears.
Use Olive Oil
When an insect gets stuck in the ear, use olive oil or baby oil drops in the ear. When drops of oil enter, the insect suffocates in the oil and flows along with the oil and comes out of the ear.
Avoid Oil If...
Use lukewarm oil; not hot oil. Also, this remedy might work only if an insect is inside. Also, oil shouldn't be used for those who have ear drum issues. Also, avoid putting oil in the ear if you have ear pain, bleeding or discharge inside the ear.
Another remedy is alcohol. Dip a small piece of cotton in alcohol and place it in the outer surface of the ear to allow a few drops of alcohol to get inside the ear. The insect might come out. Also, alcohol cleans the area.
Never Use Cotton Bud
What not to do when an insect gets into your ear? Well, never use a cotton bud, match stick or any other device to remove the insect. It might push the insect inside deep inside. Also, such objects may damage ear drum and middle ear too.
Never Put Fingers!
Also, never put your fingers in your ear. That might increase the pain. Also, the insect may sting when you push a finger inside your ear.
No Match Stick
Another problem with putting a bud or match stick inside is that it will push ear wax inside and traps the fly there itself. Even if the insect is later pulled out, it could result in inflammation in the ear. Also, hearing abilities may get affected.
Consult A Doctor
If you are unable to remove the insect out of the ear with any of the home remedies, rush to a doctor immediately. Any mistake done in the process could even cause hearing loss.
- disorders cureDizziness And Its Types, Causes, Complications And Treatments: How Is It Different From Vertigo?
- disorders cure10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- disorders cureLabyrinthitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- wellnessDealing With The Side Effects Of Flying
- disorders cureEarwax Impaction: Causes, Symptoms, Effects & Treatment
- wellnessWhat Causes Itchy Ears And How To Treat It?
- kidsCauses And Remedies For Ear Infection In Kids
- disorders cure8 Ultimate Ways To Prevent Ear Infections This Winter
- wellnessEar & Nose Piercing Can Have These Surprising Health Benefits
- wellnessDo You Have A Lump On Your Back, Neck Or Behind Your Ear? This Is What You Need To Know
- disorders cureHow To Use Olive Oil To Treat Ear Infection Quickly
- disorders cureWhat Happens If You Put Two Drops Of Garlic Juice In Your Ears?