- 6 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 6 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 7 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 7 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Technology NASA Finds Water Ice On Mars; Could Life Be Possible?
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Have you ever tried garlic salt before? This salt is known to possess some incredible health benefits. Whether you're dealing with high cholesterol or digestive problems, garlic salt has the solution for everything.
So, what do you know about garlic salt?
Garlic salt is a seasoning salt that is made by mixing dried ground garlic and table salt. This salt is made up of three parts of salt and one part of garlic powder.
Most of the culinary properties and medicinal benefits of its constituent garlic is contained in this type of salt. Just like garlic, even garlic salt is equally beneficial for our health.
Garlic salt is the next big thing when it comes to promoting health. People often get confused between garlic salt and other spices like garlic powder, granulated garlic or minced garlic. Garlic salt is actually obtained from all of these.
Here, we have listed some of the best health benefits of garlic salt. Read further to know what is garlic salt good for.
1. Lowers Cholesterol:
Garlic salt is effective in Iowering LDL or bad cholesterol and also increases the HDL or good cholesterol in the body. It is the property of garlic powder in garlic salt that helps lower the cholesterol levels.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar:
Garlic salt raises the blood insulin levels naturally. Hence, this makes it an ideal remedy for high blood sugar and can help control diabetes.
3. Reduces Blood Pressure:
Garlic salt like other forms of garlic can help reduce blood pressure. Garlic contains compounds that can relax and dilate the blood vessels, ease the blood flow and in turn reduce blood pressure. A recent study has shown that garlic capsules help reduce blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
4. It Is Anti-inflammatory In Nature:
Garlic salt is an effective anti-inflammatory agent that helps fight inflammation. It is widely used to treat inflammatory disorders such as bronchitis and rhinitis. The sulphur-containing compounds of garlic are what give this salt its anti-inflammatory property.
5. It Is Mineral And Vitamin Rich:
Garlic powder, which is used to make garlic salt, is very nutritious and rich in many essential vitamins and minerals. Hence, it is considered healthy to incorporate this in your day-to-day meals.
6. It Is Anti-Carcinogenic In Nature:
Garlic is full of antioxidants that can eliminate free radicals from the body. Garlic salt can increase the number of antioxidants in the body, thus preventing cancer and inhibiting cancerous cells. This is one of the top health benefits of garlic salt.
7. Improves Bone Health:
Garlic salt helps you overcome oestrogen deficiency. The deficiency of oestrogen is the direct contributor to bone deterioration. Hence, consuming garlic helps in promoting bone health. So, if you have been wondering what is garlic salt good for, you have got your answer.
Garlic salt, like garlic, has the properties of a stimulant that helps promote and instigate a variety of processes in the body. It contains allium, which is a known stimulant that initiates various processes in the body.
9. Treats Scurvy:
Garlic salt contains a good amount of vitamin C that helps treat vitamin deficiencies like scurvy and also protects you from a range of other diseases.
10. Improves Digestion:
Garlic salt is rich in dietary fibre, which is a bulking agent and it helps move the stools smoothly along the digestive tract. Fibre also helps in easing conditions such as constipation. This is one of the best benefits of garlic salt.