- 9 min ago Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- 19 min ago 22 Health Benefits Of Papaya Leaves: Side Effects And How To Use
- 33 min ago Chandrashekhar Azad's Death Anniversay: 11 Facts About The Brave Freedom Fighter
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 27 February 2020
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020: India hold nerve to beat New Zealand, enter semifinals
- Movies Cobra: Makers to unveil First Look of Chiyaan Vikram-Starrer On This Date!
- News WB planning to opt out of Centre's 'One Nation, One Ration Card' scheme
- Automobiles Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- Technology Black Shark 3 Video Teaser Confirms 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 4,720mAh Battery
- Finance Gold Prices Rise After Reports Of First US Coronavirus Case Of Unknown Origin
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, is one of the most prevalent hormonal endocrine disorders among women. One in 10 women among the child-bearing age are affected due to this.
Diagnosing the symptoms of PCOS is very difficult, and the symptoms vary in different women. The best we can do is to eat certain healthy foods that will help reduce the risk of one contracting PCOS.
This article will present the top best foods for PCOS. Early prevention of PCOS is also important, as it increases the risk of other medical conditions like Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, insulin resistance, heart disease and high cholesterol level.
Obesity and weight gain are some of the most prominent symptoms of PCOS. Women with PCOS will have high testosterone levels, and this will lead to excessive hair growth, irregular menstrual cycle, male pattern baldness and acne.
Testosterone prevents the ovaries from releasing the egg every month and this leads to infertility and irregular menstrual cycle. Opting for a low GI diet plan with regular exercises are some methods to control PCOS problems.
Also read: Treating PCOS With Diet Modification
Continue reading to know the best foods to be included in a PCOS diet.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables:
These will help control PCOS naturally. These are enriched with maximum nutrients per calories when compared to other foods. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium and Vitamins K, C and E.
2. Coloured Vegetables:
Colourful vegetables are loaded with powerful antioxidants that will help to neutralize the consequences of oxidative stress in women suffering from PCOS.
This is also one of the best foods for preventing PCOS. Fruits are rich in phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and fibers and hence it has to be included in the PCOS diet.
4. Healthy Fats:
Healthy fats found in seeds, nuts, olive oil, avocado, tuna and salmons will help maintain the cells and remove toxins from the body. These will also promote hormonal balance and weight management among women suffering from PCOS.
5. Organic Meat:
Meat is a powerful source of protein, and opting for organic lean meat that does not contain pesticides, is known to help prevent PCOS in women. Hence, this is a best food to avoid PCOS.
6. Low GI Carbohydrate Foods:
Going for healthy carbohydrates with low glycaemic index is always a good idea, as it takes longer time to break down and digest the food. This causes slow and consistent release of blood glucose in the body. It also helps prevent weight gain, thereby helping manage PCOS better.