- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 7 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Sports Have a lot of respect for Sourav and to hell with those who don't understand: Ravi Shastri
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Eggs provide one of the highest quality proteins of any food available. Apart from protein, eggs are packed with 18 vitamins and minerals. They also contain micro-nutrients like choline, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Eggs are also versatile and can be cooked in many ways. But, did you know that egg whites are also beneficial for health and should not be omitted out from your regular diet? Egg whites contain more than half of an egg's protein.
Egg whites are good sources of riboflavin and selenium. Also, they contain 54 mg of potassium and 55 mg of sodium. Egg whites are also low in calories with just 17 calories and contain no saturated fat or cholesterol.
Egg whites are good for everybody, for those with diabetes or for those who are suffering from heart diseases. Not only they taste good but also are loaded with the goodness of nutrients.
Here are the 10 health benefits of eating egg whites. Take a look.
1. Aids Healthy Pregnancy
One egg white is equal to four grams of protein. Pregnant women who consume more egg whites during pregnancy have more energy and hence make you less tired. It also prevents babies from being born prematurely and with low birth weight.
2. Promotes Satiety
Having a whole boiled egg for breakfast keeps your stomach full till lunch time. It is high in protein that will keep you satiated and it will result in less snacking and curb cravings for unhealthy foods.
3. Builds Muscles
Proteins are essential for building strong muscles, which can be obtained by consuming egg whites. If you are a person who workouts regularly, then it is necessary for you to eat egg whites after a workout that will increase your muscle mass.
4. Good For Nerve And Brain Function
Egg whites contain choline, a macro-nutrient that helps in the methylation process, which is involved in DNA creation. Egg whites support nerve and brain function and also helps in detoxification.
5. It Contains Vitamins
Egg whites contain a full amount of riboflavin which is necessary for preventing certain conditions such as eye cataracts and migraine-related headaches. Egg whites also prevent heart attack, dementia and bone-related diseases.
6. No Cholesterol
Egg whites have zero cholesterol. If you are planning to lose weight include a lot of egg whites in your diet. Egg whites have been hailed as a dietary solution for problems like cholesterol, fats and calories.
7. Improves Skin Health
Eggs contain collagen in the membrane which is present outside of the egg white. So, if you want your skin to be healthy, include a lot of egg whites in your diet. It will not only prevent wrinkles but will also provide the nutrients required by the skin.
8. Reduces Fatigue
Egg whites contain many essential minerals that provide greater benefits for our bodies. If you are feeling tired and exhausted, just consume egg whites in whichever form. It can be either cooked or can be used for baking.
9. Supports Electrolyte Levels
Potassium found in egg whites provides the sufficient amount of electrolytes in the body. This aids in normal muscle function, helps prevent stroke and other heart diseases. Also, electrolytes protect the cells in the body by balancing the fluids.
10. Reduces Blood Pressure
Including egg whites in your diet daily lowers the risk of developing hypertension. It contains peptide called RVPSL (a component of protein) that is known to reduce blood pressure and keeps the blood pressure levels normal.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your friends too.