- 11 hrs ago Lesser Known Facts About India's Best Shuttler, PV Sindhu
- 12 hrs ago Actor Sonu Sood Joins Special Olympics Bharat As Brand Ambassador
- 12 hrs ago How To Prevent The Spread Of Zika Virus Infection
- 13 hrs ago House Of Gucci Trailer: Lady Gaga As Patrizia Reggiani Stuns Us With Her Glamorous Fashion
- Finance These 2 Stocks Can Rally Up To 36%, Buys Says This Brokerage
- Technology Friendship Day 2021 Gift Ideas: Best True Wireless Earbuds Starts From Rs. 899
- News Dams almost full in West Bengal due to heavy rain; Water discharge to rise: Officials
- Movies Valimai: First Single Of The Thala Ajith Starrer To Be Released On THIS Date?
- Sports WWE Friday Night Smackdown results, recap and highlights: July 30, 2021
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Eggs provide one of the highest quality proteins of any food available. Apart from protein, eggs are packed with 18 vitamins and minerals. They also contain micro-nutrients like choline, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Eggs are also versatile and can be cooked in many ways. But, did you know that egg whites are also beneficial for health and should not be omitted out from your regular diet? Egg whites contain more than half of an egg's protein.
Egg whites are good sources of riboflavin and selenium. Also, they contain 54 mg of potassium and 55 mg of sodium. Egg whites are also low in calories with just 17 calories and contain no saturated fat or cholesterol.
Egg whites are good for everybody, for those with diabetes or for those who are suffering from heart diseases. Not only they taste good but also are loaded with the goodness of nutrients.
Here are the 10 health benefits of eating egg whites. Take a look.
1. Aids Healthy Pregnancy
One egg white is equal to four grams of protein. Pregnant women who consume more egg whites during pregnancy have more energy and hence make you less tired. It also prevents babies from being born prematurely and with low birth weight.
2. Promotes Satiety
Having a whole boiled egg for breakfast keeps your stomach full till lunch time. It is high in protein that will keep you satiated and it will result in less snacking and curb cravings for unhealthy foods.
3. Builds Muscles
Proteins are essential for building strong muscles, which can be obtained by consuming egg whites. If you are a person who workouts regularly, then it is necessary for you to eat egg whites after a workout that will increase your muscle mass.
4. Good For Nerve And Brain Function
Egg whites contain choline, a macro-nutrient that helps in the methylation process, which is involved in DNA creation. Egg whites support nerve and brain function and also helps in detoxification.
5. It Contains Vitamins
Egg whites contain a full amount of riboflavin which is necessary for preventing certain conditions such as eye cataracts and migraine-related headaches. Egg whites also prevent heart attack, dementia and bone-related diseases.
6. No Cholesterol
Egg whites have zero cholesterol. If you are planning to lose weight include a lot of egg whites in your diet. Egg whites have been hailed as a dietary solution for problems like cholesterol, fats and calories.
7. Improves Skin Health
Eggs contain collagen in the membrane which is present outside of the egg white. So, if you want your skin to be healthy, include a lot of egg whites in your diet. It will not only prevent wrinkles but will also provide the nutrients required by the skin.
8. Reduces Fatigue
Egg whites contain many essential minerals that provide greater benefits for our bodies. If you are feeling tired and exhausted, just consume egg whites in whichever form. It can be either cooked or can be used for baking.
9. Supports Electrolyte Levels
Potassium found in egg whites provides the sufficient amount of electrolytes in the body. This aids in normal muscle function, helps prevent stroke and other heart diseases. Also, electrolytes protect the cells in the body by balancing the fluids.
10. Reduces Blood Pressure
Including egg whites in your diet daily lowers the risk of developing hypertension. It contains peptide called RVPSL (a component of protein) that is known to reduce blood pressure and keeps the blood pressure levels normal.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your friends too.
ALSO READ: 10 Health Risks Of Being A Couch Potato