- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Most of us are aware of vitamin C and vitamin D and the problems that one might face when the body lacks in these two vitamins. But majority of us are still not familiar with vitamin B12. Does the lack of vitamin B12 really make a difference to our health?
The answer is yes. Like the two other vitamins, vitamin B12 is also equally important for our overall health. Lack of vitamin B12 can lead to several health issues. So today in this article we will be explaining about the major signs and symptoms that indicate your body lacks in vitamin B12.
Also Read: Facts About Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Vitamin B12, popularly known as cobalamin is highly important when it comes to the nervous system and its functioning. It plays a significant role in the formation of red blood cells. The major sources of vitamin B12 include fish, meat, soy products, cereals, low fat milk products, nuts and dark green vegetables.
How do we know that there is a deficiency of vitamin B12 in the body? So here is a list of a few of the major warning signs that show your body lacks in vitamin B12. Take a look.
If you are feeling weak or fatigued quite often then you need to check it out. It might be due to lack of vitamin B12.
2. Nerve Problem:
When the body lacks in vitamin B12 it leads to the depletion of myelin, the covering for the nerves. This leads to nerve damage and causes problems like numbness or tingling in the hands and feet. This affects one's movement as well.
3. Palpitation Of Heart:
The oxygen flow to the tissues gets affected when there is a shortage of vitamin B12 in the body. This leads to an increase in the heart palpitation.
4. Loss Of Vision:
Lack of vitamin B12 can damage the optic nerve and the blood vessel around the retina. This leads to a blurry vision and it also causes loss of vision.
5. Loss Of Memory:
Lack of vitamin B12 causes depletion in the production of serotonin in the brain. This causes neurological problems and memory loss.
6. Shortness Of Breath:
When the body lacks in vitamin B12, it affects the flow of oxygen to the tissues. This causes shortness of breath.
Shortage of vitamin B12 in the body makes absorption of the nutrients difficult. This leads to digestive problems and constipation.