- 25 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas And Kim Kardashian West Will Inspire You To Buy Warm And Soft Coats
- 55 min ago Ananya Panday And Bhumi Pednekar’s Chic Outfits Are Ideal For Casual Parties
- 1 hr ago Asha Parekh Exudes Regal Vibes With Her Resplendent Silk Saris
- 2 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Glittering Ivory Badla Sari Is Absolutely What We Want To Own
- Technology Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon XR2 Platform For Advanced Applications
- Movies Gaurav Gera On Neha Kakkar's Body-shaming Video: We Were Given Lines To Enact By Writers & Channel
- Finance Here’s Why You Should Preserve The Receipts/Bills Of Your Gold Purchase
- News Hyderabad vet rape-murder case: What we know so far
- Sports Liverpool's century under Klopp, groundhog day for Spurs – the Premier League Data Diary
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Though not on a large scale but tuberculosis is still prevailing, despite so much of awareness. Diet and food habits play a very crucial role in the fight against tuberculosis or what is commonly known as TB.
So today on this World Tuberculosis Day we will be discussing an ideal diet to fight tuberculosis. Earlier there were a lot of stigmas attached to the disease. Although the condition is better in recent times, but still people are not aware of the importance of having a healthy diet when they are suffering from tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis is generally caused by a bacteria called 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis' and it is contagious. It primarily spreads through the saliva and cough droplets.
Also Read: Signs And Symptoms Of Tuberculosis
For those having a strong immunity level, they can fight against the disease quite efficiently. But for those with weak immune systems it becomes difficult. Hence having nutritious and healthy food is highly important if you are suffering from tuberculosis.
If you have difficulty in breathing, chest pain, persistent cough, fever and weakness then you need to get yourself tested for tuberculosis and start off with the treatment. If left untreated, tuberculosis might turn fatal as well.
Listed here are a few of the foods that need to be included in the daily diet of tuberculosis patients. Take a look.
Fruits are loaded with nutrients and are also rich in fibre. Those suffering from tuberculosis need to have at least one medium size bowl of fruits every day.
Vegetables, especially dark green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in iron content and B vitamin. A bowl of fresh vegetables is a must-have every day for those suffering from tuberculosis.
3. Whole Grains:
Rich in fibre content and also carbohydrates, whole grains are a must-have for tuberculosis patients. It helps in providing them the needed energy to fight the disease.
4. Low-fat Milk Products:
In order to meet the protein and fats required by the body to fight the disease, make it a point to include low-fat milk and milk products in your diet. It helps.
Fish is one of the most important foods that contains lean protein and B complex vitamins. Those suffering from tuberculosis should consume fish as it helps in fighting the disease.
Nuts contain good fats and are also rich in vitamin E. For those suffering from tuberculosis it is essential to add a handful of nuts every day to their daily diet.
7. Olive Oil:
Olive oil is rich in mono-unsaturated fats and antioxidants. If you are suffering from tuberculosis, then make it a point to use olive oil for cooking.
Rich in anti-oxidants, fibre, vitamins, beta-carotene and other essential nutrients, the carrot is one important food item that helps in fighting tuberculosis effectively. Carrots can be consumed raw or added to soups and curries.