- 1 hr ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- 1 hr ago Mickey Mouse 91st Birthday: Lesser Known Facts About Disney's Most Famous Cartoon Character
- 1 hr ago Dysphagia (Swallowing Difficulty): Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 1 hr ago This Winter Season, Get Ready To Raise The Temperature With These New Hair Colour Trends
- Technology NoiseFit Evolve Smartwatch Launched Starting From Rs. 5,499
- Travel Gangotri - Truly A Hiker's Paradise
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz 'Luxe Drive Live 2019' Held In Mumbai: A Unique Taste Of The Mercedes-Benz Lifestyle
- News Amid Maharashtra turmoil, PM Modi's praise for Sharad Pawar's NCP raises eyebrows
- Sports Real Madrid star Hazard singled out as Mikel's laziest former team-mate
- Movies Tanushree Dutta Slams Channel & Neha Kakkar For Working With Anu Malik; Supports Sona Mohapatra
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts FD Interest Rates By As Much As 0.15%
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Grapes are the favourite of all out there who love to have something healthy that can also satisfy the taste buds. There are wide varieties of grapes that differ in size, colour and taste. Now, since it's the season of grapes, we will give you more reasons to have it regularly. You will definitely stock up grapes in your fruit basket once you get to know of these.
There are many researches which prove that consuming grapes regularly can provide you with many health benefits. This will range from fighting common flu to preventing deadly diseases like cancer. Thanks to the many antioxidants present in grapes that make it a superfood. Moreover, when it's about grapes, your children will also say a big 'yes'.
According to a survey, eating grapes correlates with healthier diet patterns. Another added benefit of grapes is that it makes you feel full, thereby reducing your extra food intake. This will make you stay fit without much effort.
Here, let's have a look at the health benefits of eating grapes that keep it in the top list of summer fruits.
1. Fights Cancer
Grapes are rich in antioxidants like polyphenols. Researches prove that polyphenols are very effective in preventing cancer, especially that of the oesophagus, lungs, mouth, pharynx, endometrial, pancreatic, prostate and colon.
2. Prevents Heart Disease
The flavonoid quercetin, found in grapes, has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the chance of getting atherosclerosis. This will also protect the body from the bad effects of low-density lipoprotein. The high concentration of polyphenols also contribute to the heart-protecting property of grapes. This will prevent platelet build-up and reduce blood pressure.
3. Manage Allergies
Are you suffering from allergic symptoms like running nose, watery eyes and hives? Then, try taking some grapes daily before trying anti-histamines. The anti-inflammatory compound quercetin that is present in grapes will alleviate the symptoms easily. This is another major health benefit of grapes.
4. Treats Constipation
Constipation is a common problem that occurs mainly due to wrong lifestyle. Grapes can be your super-food in such conditions. Taking grapes will help to treat constipation with its high water content. This will loosen the stool and will promote good bowel movements.
Now, apart from the health benefits of grapes, this is about the beauty benefit! A study published in a journal shows that resveratrol, which is a derivative from red grapes, can act as a good acne remedy. The benefit of resveratrol can be used by taking red wine.
Take a look into the nutritional value of grapes. One cup of grapes contains 104 calories, 1.09 grams of protein, 0.24 grams of fat and 1.4 grams of fiber. It is also a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, iron and folate.
It is the season of grapes and it's the sunny summer season around. Dehydration is the most common summer issue that will bring in many health and beauty concerns. Grapes will be a good choice to keep you hydrated. This is one of the main health benefits of grapes. So, add some grapes to your daily diet and enjoy its beauty and health benefits!