- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 24 February 2020
- 23 hrs ago 8 Harsh Truths About Friendship That You Need To Know
- 24 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 23 Feb To 29 Feb
- 1 day ago Daily Horoscope: 23 February 2020
- Technology How To Shut Down Windows 10 Via Command Prompt
- Sports New Zealand vs India, 1st Test, Highlights: Southee claims five-for as New Zealand crush India in Test opener
- Movies Mafia Box Office 3 Days Collections: The Arun Vijay Starrer Is Going Strong!
- News Namaste Trump LIVE: Ahmedabad all decked-up as India awaits POTUS
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Grapes are the favourite of all out there who love to have something healthy that can also satisfy the taste buds. There are wide varieties of grapes that differ in size, colour and taste. Now, since it's the season of grapes, we will give you more reasons to have it regularly. You will definitely stock up grapes in your fruit basket once you get to know of these.
There are many researches which prove that consuming grapes regularly can provide you with many health benefits. This will range from fighting common flu to preventing deadly diseases like cancer. Thanks to the many antioxidants present in grapes that make it a superfood. Moreover, when it's about grapes, your children will also say a big 'yes'.
According to a survey, eating grapes correlates with healthier diet patterns. Another added benefit of grapes is that it makes you feel full, thereby reducing your extra food intake. This will make you stay fit without much effort.
Here, let's have a look at the health benefits of eating grapes that keep it in the top list of summer fruits.
1. Fights Cancer
Grapes are rich in antioxidants like polyphenols. Researches prove that polyphenols are very effective in preventing cancer, especially that of the oesophagus, lungs, mouth, pharynx, endometrial, pancreatic, prostate and colon.
2. Prevents Heart Disease
The flavonoid quercetin, found in grapes, has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the chance of getting atherosclerosis. This will also protect the body from the bad effects of low-density lipoprotein. The high concentration of polyphenols also contribute to the heart-protecting property of grapes. This will prevent platelet build-up and reduce blood pressure.
3. Manage Allergies
Are you suffering from allergic symptoms like running nose, watery eyes and hives? Then, try taking some grapes daily before trying anti-histamines. The anti-inflammatory compound quercetin that is present in grapes will alleviate the symptoms easily. This is another major health benefit of grapes.
4. Treats Constipation
Constipation is a common problem that occurs mainly due to wrong lifestyle. Grapes can be your super-food in such conditions. Taking grapes will help to treat constipation with its high water content. This will loosen the stool and will promote good bowel movements.
Now, apart from the health benefits of grapes, this is about the beauty benefit! A study published in a journal shows that resveratrol, which is a derivative from red grapes, can act as a good acne remedy. The benefit of resveratrol can be used by taking red wine.
Take a look into the nutritional value of grapes. One cup of grapes contains 104 calories, 1.09 grams of protein, 0.24 grams of fat and 1.4 grams of fiber. It is also a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, iron and folate.
It is the season of grapes and it's the sunny summer season around. Dehydration is the most common summer issue that will bring in many health and beauty concerns. Grapes will be a good choice to keep you hydrated. This is one of the main health benefits of grapes. So, add some grapes to your daily diet and enjoy its beauty and health benefits!