- News Army says cops should not be wearing combat uniform
- Finance Best ELSS To Invest In India That Offered Upto 24% Return In 1-Year
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 17 Days Worldwide Collections: Enter The 25-Crore Club!
- Technology Best Samsung Smartphones Running Android 10 To Buy In India
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United FC: Chennaiyin to face Goa after NorthEast draw
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
Monsoon is the time when we eat all kinds of piping hot junk foods, as the weather is incredibly cold and humid outside.
But monsoon is also the time when diseases, especially those targeting the digestive system, are rampant.
Poor digestion can lead to a condition called cellular starvation that can lower the metabolism and increase fat storage.
It also reduces the immunity of the body and makes you susceptible to many diseases that are associated with this season, like cold and flu.
Hence, it is necessary that you take precautions to fight against these diseases. It is time that we keep our body resistant against these diseases by boosting our immunity.
You must also make it a habit to regularly drink boiled water and avoid street foods.
In this article, we have mentioned to you about the foods that help boost immunity. Read further to know about the list of foods to boost the immune system.
1. Hot Soups:
A bowl of chicken broth is the best thing that helps you when you want to eat light. It contains a good amount of protein and starch. It fights against bacteria and viruses and prevents common cold and flu. This is one of the best monsoon immunity-boosting foods to fight diseases.
2. Yogurt And Other Fermented Foods:
Probiotics, the good bacteria present in these foods, can help boost the immune system. It does this by stimulating the immune response to fight diseases and promote beneficial bacterial growth in the gut. This is one of the top foods that helps boost immunity.
3. Dry Fruits And Nuts:
Dry fruits provide the essential vitamins and minerals for building the immunity-boosting cells. These contain vitamin E, niacin and riboflavin that help keep the cells healthy. This is one of the best foods to increase immunity power in the body.
4. Dark Green Leafy Vegetables:
Leafy greens are a good source of vitamins A, C and E as well as folate, antioxidants and fibre. These vitamins have an antioxidant action that help with cell function and integrity.
Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins and antioxidants. B vitamins help with the healthy immune system functioning and selenium is linked with a decreased risk of several infections.
6. Indian Spices:
Immunity-boosting spices like turmeric, mustard, asafoetida, coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cloves, etc., help with digestion and flush out the sinuses from the body.
A cup of black tea can help boost the immunity. They are packed with polyphenols, flavonoids and antioxidants that destroy the free radicals which can damage the healthy cells. This tops the list of foods to boost the immune system.