Food is one of the most vital necessities of life and there are many people who really live for eating tasty foods.
These foodie people often tend to turn overweight due to their excessive love for good foods. However, strict diet control is the severest punishment for these food-lovers.
So, it is best to bring about certain changes in the daily food habits and switch to some healthier foods, which are no less in taste than the ones with high calories.
There are many foods with an amazing taste that are very low in calories, which can be eaten in plenty without any tension of gaining body weight.
But it is not necessary to take only raw fruits and vegetables for maintaining the health, which can be boring for lots of people.
Actually, some changes in all types of foods can show wonderful effects in making absolutely low-calorie foods for the health-conscious and overweight people.
1. Tasty Options For Fresh Vegetables:
Usually, the vegetables that have more water and fibre content in them are known as the low-calorie ones. So, it is best to opt for such vegetables and you may combine them for making tasty salads.
- It is seen that two stalks of celery leaves contain only 13 calories and 1.2 g of fibre.
- Two cups of finely shredded fresh lettuce leaves contain 18 calories and 1.4 g of fibre. The average-sized cucumber contains 40 calories and 2 g of fibre.
- 1 fresh tomato contains only 25 calories and 1.3 g of fibre.
- 1 juicy carrot contains 30 calories and 2 g of fibre.
- ½ cup of pods of the snap peas provide 30 calories and 3.4 g of fibre.
- While 1 cup of chopped jicama sticks have 45 calories and 6 g of fibre.
- So, all these vegetables can be safely included in the daily diet for fulfilling the hunger and may be served with fresh homemade yogurt, or a dip of sour cream and spicy dips, to make the salads more delicious.
2. Healthy Fresh Fruits Intake:
The sweet fresh fruits are widely adored for their taste and contributions to human health. Though all fruits do not yield low calories, there are many delicious low-calorie fruits available in the market.
According to the dieticians, 1 peach contains 37 calories and 1.6 g of fibre.
- 1 orange provides 60 calories and 2.3 g of fibre.
- 1 grapefruit contains 74 calories and 3.4 g of fibre.
- 1 cup of finely sliced fresh strawberries provide 50 calories and 2.5 g of fibre.
- 1 cup of chopped watermelon may contain 51 calories and 0.4 g of fibre.
- 1 cup of sliced ripe papaya may provide 54 calories and 2.5 g of fibre.
- Only 3/4th cup of chopped fresh apricot contains 55 calories and 2 g of fibre.
So, all these fruits can be taken daily for adding nutrients to the body while keeping a low-calorie intake.
3. Varieties Of Frozen Vegetables:
Many people love the tastes of some vegetables that are mostly available only in the frozen state.
The food values of these items are strictly maintained while preserving these food items, making them ideal choices for the health-conscious people.
As stated on the packets of these frozen foods, it is found that frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccoli contain 25 calories and 2 g of fibre.
The dieticians found that 1 cup of chopped frozen green beans has 25 calories and 2 g of fibre, while 1 cup of various Tuscan vegetables in sliced form provides the same amount of calories and fibre as well.
All these low-calorie foods help to preserve the food values and make people really slim, if daily workout is followed as well. So, now foods are no more a problem in keeping the body weight at bay and people can get plenty of options to satisfy their appetite.