Is goat milk good for health? In Indian villages, many people still prefer goat milk over cow's milk. Yes, there are enough admirers for goat milk in India and they all claim that it is very good for heath.
If you are worried that your calcium intake would suffer, if you stop buffalo or cow milk then rest assured. Even goat milk is rich in calcium.
Also Read: What Happens When You Drink Garlic Milk?
What does a glass of goat milk offer? Well, it contains nearly 170 calories, 10 grams of protein, 27mg of cholesterol, 11 gm of carbs and 6.3 gm of saturated fat. It also contains selenium, zinc, copper, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, riboflavin and vitamins A, B2, C and D. Here are the benefits of goat milk.
Goat milk can be easily digested compared to cow's milk as the molecules of fat in it are comparatively smaller in size.
Good For The Heart
Goat milk is also good for your heart. It can boost good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
Goat milk also offers medium chain fatty acids. It contains 35% of those whereas cow's milk contains only 20% of medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids can prevent certain intestinal issues and heart issues.
Rich In Calcium
Compared to cow's milk, goat milk offers slightly more calcium content. Calcium is good for your bones. This is one of the goat milk benefits.
It contains vitamin A and also makes your skin smooth and healthy. After a few days, your skin will look healthier.
Low Levels Of Lactose
The lactose content in goat's milk is comparatively lesser than cow's milk. So, if you are suffering from lactose intolerance or if you cannot easily digest regular milk, you can opt for goat's milk after consulting your doctor.
Also Read: Benefits Of Jaggery With Milk
Absorption Of Nutrients
Is goat milk good for health? Your body can efficiently absorb nutrients like magnesium, phosphorous, iron and calcium when you drink goat milk. Goat milk can prevent osteoporosis, mal-absorption and anemia.
- Which One Is Better? Regular Coffee Or Black Coffee
- 7 Amazing Health Benefits of Camel Milk
- Milk That Is Rs. 3,000 A Litre Is Making Indians Happy!
- Is It Normal For Breasts To Leak During Pregnancy?
- World Milk Day 2018: Which Milk Is Healthier For You?
- Why Cockroach Milk Is The Next Superfood?
- Did You Know Milk Can Do So Much For The Skin?
- Does Milk Help You To Improve Your Skin Tone?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Dalia With Milk
- Is It Healthy To Drink Packaged Milk Without Boiling It?
- What Happens When We Drink Milk After Eating Chicken
- 10 Glutamine Rich Foods You Should Know