- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 15 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 16 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- News Kashmir cops bust terrorist hideout, recover arms and ammunition
- Finance Mahanagar Gas Cuts PNG And CNG Prices, On Higher Supply From Govt
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Blames Aditya Chopra For Recent YRF Flops; 'He Needs To Empower People, Not Dictate Them'
- Sports Emma Raducanu bests Serena Williams in opening round of the Western & Southern Open
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Are you someone who likes to enjoy a hot cup of cooked sweet corn regularly? Do you like to add a lot of corn to your sandwich filling or soups?
If yes, then at least some of you may have wondered if corn is actually healthy for you, right?
Well, it is common knowledge that a lot of the snacks that we consume today are made of corn.
The tasty nacho chips that we enjoy, certain corn-based salads, cooked sweet corn, soups, etc., are all foods that are consumed by people, on a regular basis.
However, just like with any other food that we consume, we do fear that even corn may come with certain harmful health effects.
For instance, although salt has a few health benefits, consuming salt in excess can harm your health.
So, you may wonder if corn also comes with certain hazardous health effects.
Many a times, we come across articles on the Internet which may tell us that corn is unhealthy!
Or we may have heard about the harmful effects of corn as a snack from others.
So, the question is, is it actually true that corn is unhealthy for us? Can we believe the articles that we read about it?
To answer that question, we have to first understand that not everything that we read on the Internet or hear from others could be true!
Especially when it comes to our health, we have to believe information given only by reliable sources.
So, now let us read about the many health benefits of corn as a snack, which can help us understand that it is in fact healthy!
1. Improves Heart Health
The antioxidants in corn actually increase when it is cooked and these healthy antioxidants can keep our heart healthy.
2. Improves Vision
Corn, especially sweet corn has the ability to strengthen the optic nerves and improve our vision, as it contains lutein.
3. Improves Energy Levels
Corn is rich in healthy carbohydrates which do not add weight to your body, but instead help boost your energy levels.
4. Reduces Constipation
As corn is rich in fibre content, it helps soften the stools and improves the bowel movement to reduce conditions like constipation.
5. Anti-Cancer Properties
Many research studies have shown that corn contains phytonutrients that have the ability to fight cancer-causing cells in the human body.
6. Aids Weight Loss
Corn is extremely low in calorie and sucrose content (even less than an apple!), so it is a healthy snack for people aiming to lose weight.
7. Healthy For Gut Bacteria
Corn has the ability to improve the production of the healthy bacteria in your gut, thus aiding a healthy digestion.
Corn is gluten-free. Many people suffer from gluten intolerance, so corn could be an excellent substitute for wheat, in such cases.
- recipesMonsoon Soup Recipe For Good Health: How To Prepare Dill Leaves And Corn Soup
- diabetesAre Cornflakes Good For People With Diabetes?
- recipesCorn Pulao Recipe: How To Make Corn Pulao
- diet fitnessCorn Or Babycorn; Which One Is Healthier For You?
- diet fitness9 Ketogenic Diet Foods To Avoid
- nutritionTop 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- wellnessList Of 11 Foods You Can't Eat With Braces
- recipesTossed Paneer And Sweet Corn Pizza Recipe: How To Prepare Tossed Paneer And Sweet Corn Pizza At Home
- babyCan Toddlers Eat Popcorn?
- recipesMushroom And Corn Fricassee
- wellnessWhy Eating Corn Is Good During Monsoon
- disorders cureHome Remedies For Fatty Liver Disease & Foods To Avoid It