- Technology Best Smartbands To Buy Under Rs 2000 To Buy In India
- Sports NBA legend Kobe Bryant reportedly dies in helicopter crash in California; news leaves sporting fraternity shocked
- News Entirely internal: India expresses reservation as EU lawmakers move Anti-CAA resolutions
- Movies Varane Avashyamund: The Official Teaser Wins The Hearts Of Netizens!
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Ladies finger is an annual vegetable that consists of phytonutrient rich pods. It is mainly valued for its edible green seed pod.
This green vegetable has a high nutrient profile and is extremely beneficial for your overall health.
Ladies finger is low in calories and is very rich in nutrients. It is a good source of fibre, vitamin A, C and folate. It is also very rich in vitamin K, B vitamins , iron, potassium, zinc, calcium, manganese and magnesium.
This vegetable is very rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin and beta-carotene.
It has the potential to cure several diseases like diabetes, asthma, anaemia, failing sight and several other disease.
In this article we have mentioned some of the top health benefits of ladies finger. Read further to know what are the benefits of ladies finger and the diseases that it can combat.
Ladies finger helps in the effective production of red blood cells and helps prevent anaemia.
It is an excellent source of antioxidants and boosts the immune system. It protects the body from free radicals and prevents the mutation of cells, thus acting as an effective anti-cancer agent.
It contains rich amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants that helps effectively reduce asthmatic attacks.
4. Bone Strength:
Ladies finger contains folate that aids in building strong bones and also prevents osteoporosis. This is one of the top health benefits of ladies finger.
Ladies finger contains soluble fibre that helps lower the serum cholesterol. This in turn reduces atherosclerosis and the risk of heart diseases. Hence this health benefit will give you an idea of what are the benefits of ladies finger.
It contains a rick content of fibre and mucilaginous and natural laxative properties. It helps increase the bulk, bind to toxins and also ensure easy bowel movements. Regular consumption helps reduce the risk of colon cancer.
It produces insulin like properties that helps reduce the blood sugar levels. It is recommended to eat 6-8 raw and young ladies finger on an everyday basis. It well help significantly lower the blood sugar levels.
8. Vision Health:
Ladies finger is a great source of beta carotene, lutein and xanthin which are all very beneficial for vision health. Ladies finger also helps prevent eye problems like cataract and glaucoma.