Have you ever heard of sattu? If you are from Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh or West Bengal, chances are you have.
For all of you from other states, here is all you need to know about 'sattu' and it's numerous health benefits.
Sattu is simply roasted gram flour. It may sound simple but it is widely famous for its various health benefits.
It is usually consumed in the form of a drink and is widely consumed during the summer season as it acts as an excellent coolant for the body.
Sattu was originally a rural delicacy but more and more urban people have caught on to it because of its health factor.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Other Dals
Apparently, sattu contains all the essential minerals, vitamins, fat and fibre in the right quantity, earning it the title of "Desi Horlicks".
Read on to know more about the various benefits of this magical ingredient - sattu
1) Provides Instant Energy
Sattu is an excellent energy drink as it gets easily digested by our body. Consuming sattu drink on a regular basis will keep you physically healthy and mentally alert. It is also a good post workout drink and will replenish your body with all the required nutrients.
2) Cleans The Stomach
Because of its high fibre content, sattu if taken regularly may help relieve constipation. It is easy to digest. Its insoluble fibre content helps keep our intestines happy. It also helps flush out oil that we consume daily.
3) Gift For Diabetics And High BP Patients
Sattu has a low glycemic index, which means that it releases its natural sugar slowly, thereby making it safe for diabetics. High BP patients can consume sattu along with water and a pinch of salt. It helps maintain the blood pressure levels.
4) Herbal Remedy For Women
Women are prone to weakness during pregnancy and menstruation. Sattu can be consumed under such circumstances as it helps the body to replenish all the lost nutrients. It is excellent for lactating mothers too, as the benefits can be passed on to the baby as well.
5) Great For Skin And Hair
When consumed regularly, sattu nourishes and hydrates the skin from within. It prevents the wear and tear of our skin cells. It also contains protein, minerals and anti-oxidants which are important for healthy and lustrous hair.
6) Magical Drink For Old Age
Our elderly population suffers from lots of age-related problems and sattu can drive most of them away. It is easy to digest so is ideal for their consumption.
It provides energy and is a rich source of protein. It will keep their stomach healthy, thereby reducing flatulence and other digestive problems like acidity. It also helps treat constipation.
7) Desi Horlicks
Sattu is highly recommended for children. In their growing years, children need a constant supply of all the essential minerals and vitamins. Sattu is packed with calcium, fibre, potassium, magnesium and iron. It helps in healthy development of bones and teeth.
Here is a simple, healthy, one-size-fits-all kind of drink made from sattu which can safely be consumed by children as well as adults and the old.
-1 cup of chilled water
-1 tablespoon sattu
-1/2 teaspoon sugar
-A pinch of salt if required
1) Take the water in a glass and add the sattu to it.
2) Add the sugar and the salt.
3) Mix well and consume.
If you have never tried sattu before, I am sure this article has given you enough inspiration already. So go grab a glass of sattu and be on your way to a healthier you, naturally.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Rock Sugar (Mishri) You Should Know
- 10 Health Benefits Of Swimming You May Not Know About
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Brown Sugar
- Top 12 Health Benefits Of Raw Honey You Didn't Know
- 12 Healthy Foods That Give You Energy To Boost You Up Instantly
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Green Beans
- 10 Daily Habits That Can Increase Your Energy Naturally!
- Signs Your Metabolism Is Out Of Whack
- Energy Drink Increases Risk Of These Diseases
- Energy Drinks Are Dangerous, It Can Cause Brain Haemorrhage Says Study
- Start Consuming These Foods If You Often Have Headaches, Low Energy & Insomnia
- Experts Have Found Why Energy Drinks Are Bad For Teens; Opt For These Healthy Drinks
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit