- 10 hrs ago 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- 10 hrs ago Kate Middleton's White Kurta Set Is The Traditional Outfit That Your Closet Demands
- 12 hrs ago Porphyria (The Vampire Syndrome): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment And Prevention
- 12 hrs ago World Pediatric Bone And Joint Day 2019: Date And Theme
- News Prasar Bharati Recruitment 2019: Doordarshan Assistant Section Officer jobs announced, 30 vacancies
- Movies Just In: Amitabh Bachchan In Hospital For Past Three Days Due To Liver Problem
- Technology Xiaomi Sees 30-40% Growth In Offline Sales: Report
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
The festival of Ugadi is finally here and people across the country, especially the southern part of the country, more specifically in Karnataka, people would be getting geared up to celebrate it!
Ugadi is a one of the major festivals celebrated by the Hindus in South India and it denotes the beginning of the new year.
Yes, according to the Hindu calendars, Ugadi is the first day of the year and from then on the year starts.
So, just like how people celebrate the new year's day in the rest of the world, with great pomp and show, Ugadi is celebrated with similar zest here!
As we know Indian festivals are synonumous with an array of delicious dishes.
Every festival involves the preparation of traditional dishes, including a whole variety of sweets.
During the occasion of Ugadi, a sweet dish known as 'bele obbattu' is prepared.
This dish contains pulses, and jaggery, which come with numerous health benefits.
So, have a look at some of the health benefits of 'bele obbattu', here.
1. Builds Muscles
As the pulses, or yellow dal, that 'bele obbattu is made from contains a high amount of proteins, it can help in building the muscle tissues and it can make you look fit and toned.
2. Reduces Constipation
As 'bele obbattu' contains jaggery, it can help reduce constipation naturally, as jaggery has the ability to soften your stools and make the passage of stools from the intestines easier.
3. Improves Immunity
The ingredients used to prepare 'bele obbattu' such as pulses, ghee and jaggery contain a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that can nourish the cells of your body and boost your immunity to keep diseases at bay!