- 4 hrs ago Sonakshi Sinha, Karisma Kapoor, And Other Divas Flaunt Party Outfits At This Party
- 5 hrs ago On Zeenat Aman's Birthday, The Actress Whose Fashion Was Beyond The Conformist Narrative
- 6 hrs ago Copaiba Oil: Health Benefits, Risks And How To Use
- 6 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela's Perfect Glossy Pout And Pretty Half Updo Hairstyle Are Something You Can't Miss
- Sports Bangladesh bans Shahadat Hossain for five years for assault
- Technology 99% of Xiaomi Smartphones Sold In India Are Made In The Country
- News Pak court to announce judgement in treason case against Pervez Musharraf on Nov 28
- Movies Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 4 Factors That Prove The Former Miss Universe Is A Superwoman!
- Automobiles MotoGP Repsol Honda Team Signs Alex Marquez For 2020 Season: Will Race With Marc Marquez
- Travel Overtourism – Why It Matters, The Destinations Affected And How To Combat It
- Finance Job Creation Growth In India Slowed Down In Last 2 Years: CARE Ratings
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Winter is the season delegated for hot cups of coffee, warm clothes, toasty snuggles with your loved ones and enjoying a break from the heat, right?
Well, as much as we all love winters, many a times, when the weather conditions drop below a certain level, it can get too cold and this sudden change in temperatures can bring about various ailments in people.
When you get sick during the winter months, you may not be able to enjoy the winter break and Christmas/New Year festivities completely!
For instance, imagine you get flu or a bad cold from the low temperatures and your office is hosting a Christmas party the same week, it would be very disappointing to stay back at home and miss all the fun, right?
So, it is very important to keep up your health during the winter months, as a sudden drop in temperature can make you rather unhealthy, if you do not have a strong immune system.
Now, we may already know that there are a number of natural ingredients right in our kitchen which can help heal and prevent a number of ailments.
During the olden days, before the introduction of modern medicines, our ancestors made use of naturally available ingredients to prevent and treat diseases and they turned out just fine!
So, it is proof enough that natural ingredients do have the power to heal, it is just that we must make ourselves aware of their various medicinal properties,
Now, most of us would know about jaggery, the sweet ingredient which is used to prepare various sweets and is added to certain dishes to add a sweet taste.
Jaggery is made from concentrated cane juice and contains very less calories and fats, compared to white sugar.
So, jaggery is used by people trying to lose weight, by fitness-conscious people and even diabetic patients who can use jaggery without fear!
Now, have a look at how jaggery can help our health during the winter months.
1. Improves Immunity
According to a number of research studies across the globe, our immunity tends to become weaker during the winter months, when the temperatures are very low because the body cells work hard to maintain the normal body temperature and are under duress. So, during winters, we may be affected by diseases like flu, cold, cough, etc., more often.
Jaggery is rich in nutrients like zinc and also has antioxidants which work together to boost your immunity effectively and help your body fight diseases naturally, thereby keeping you healthy during the winters.
2. Improves Lung Function
Many of us would have experienced the fact that coughs, wheezing, sore throat, common cold, etc., are very much prevalent during the winter months, especially in aged people and children. This is because the cold air can reduce the temperature of the body and weaken the function of the lungs, thus affecting your respiratory system negatively.
Consuming jaggery on a regular basis during the winter months can help prevent and treat the above-mentioned respiratory ailments because jaggery can increase the body temperature and boost lung health. In addition, jaggery also has anti-allergic properties that can prevent allergic colds and cough during winters.
3. Reduces Joint Pain
If you or someone you know has been suffering from long-term joint pain or muscle soreness, you will be aware of the fact that these aches can increase during the winter months, as the low temperatures can inhibit proper blood circulation in the body and worsen the pain.
So, consuming a small piece of organic jaggery every day during the winters can increase the temperature of your body and provide relief from joint pain. In addition, the antioxidants in jaggery can improve blood flow to the joints, further reducing the pain.