- Finance Markets Next Week: Heightened Volatility Ahead Of Union Budget
- News Election Commission notice to BJP's Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga over campaign song
- Movies Disha Patani On Working In Bollywood: 'I Think It Takes Time To Find The Right Script'
- Technology Why You Should Choose An SSD To Amplify Performance Of Your Gaming Computer
- Sports Tough tasks await Barcelona and Real Madrid in derbi-packed La Liga weekend
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Exports To Latin America, Africa & Asia Begins
- Travel 7 Popular Indian Landmarks To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Nuts, be it cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts or pistachios, provide innumerable health benefits. So today in this article we will be explaining about the health benefits of eating just five walnuts a day.
Rich in carbohydrates, protein, good fat or what is known as omega 3 fatty acids, fibre and a lot of other nutrients and minerals like vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium and sodium to name a few, definitely makes walnuts the best among all the dried fruits.
Also Read: Eat Nuts Regularly To Fight These Diseases
In addition to all these nutrients, walnuts are known for their rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to these, walnuts help in preventing several health problems and also help in fighting certain major health conditions.
Walnuts can be eaten just like snacks in the dried form or it can be soaked in water and then consumed. Both ways the essential nutrients of walnuts will be intact.
Listed here are a few of the major health benefits of eating five walnuts a day. Take a look.
1. Aids In Weight Loss:
If you are looking at losing weight, then walnuts is one of the best dried fruits. Walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats that help in keeping you full for a long time and reduces cravings for food.
2. Good For Brain Health:
Walnuts are rich in essential fatty acids that help in keeping the brain healthy. It thus helps in preventing brain-related health problems like Alzheimer's disease.
3. Lowers Cholesterol Level:
Walnuts are filled with essential fatty acids, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and essential minerals that help in lowering the bad cholesterol level in the body.
4. Good For Heart Health:
Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, walnuts help in increasing the good cholesterol level and lowering the bad cholesterol level. This makes walnuts one of the good sources for a healthy heart.
5. Helps Reduce Blood Pressure:
Walnuts contain polyunsaturated fats that help in reducing the blood pressure level. Having about 5 walnuts every day helps.
6. Helps Control Diabetes:
Rich in polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fats, walnuts are one of the best nuts that help in controlling diabetes.
7. Improves Bone Health:
Walnuts are rich in essential fatty acids or the omega 3 fatty acids that help to increase calcium absorption. This helps in improving bone health.
8. Improves Body Metabolism:
Rich in minerals and essential fatty acids, it helps in improving the body metabolism.