- 1 hr ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 2 hrs ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 2 hrs ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 3 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Technology Realme Buds Air Massive Leak: Complete Specs And Price Revealed
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana: 2019 Has Been My Biggest Year
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Finance Nirmala Sitharaman Debuts In Forbes 2019 World's 100 Most Powerful Women List
- News IMA Ponzi scam: ED attaches Rs 10 crore assets in 'Islamic banking or halal investment'
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Most of healthy souls out there are always in the pursuit for healthy foods. We ruthlessly tend to dash off many foods from our list, as nutritionists have deemed them unhealthy.
But it turns out that most of the foods we consider as guilty pleasure foods are actually healthy and there is no harm in incorporating then into our diet.
Many a times people think that unhealthy means bland, but the fact is that the truth is quite the opposite.
Many of the foods that are considered to be delicious and nutritious actually do carry a lot of health benefits
It is only the portion size and the way they are prepared that becomes problematic.
If you're aware of these guilty pleasure foods that are healthy, then you wouldn't tick these off completely from your list.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the healthy pleasure foods that you need to start eating. So, read further to know more about the guilty pleasure foods that are healthy.
Bacon contains selenium that protects our cells from damage. It also contains vitamin B and phosphorous that are essential for the normal functioning of the nervous system. It contains proteins that serve as a building material for the skin, hair and muscle cells.
Potatoes contain calcium, sodium, vitamin C and D as well as a lot of fibre. Fibre aids with weight loss and also ensures the normal functioning of the digestive system. It also reduces the level of cholesterol in the body. This is one of the guilty pleasure foods that is healthy.
Cocoa contains calcium and potassium that help strengthen the bones and also support the cardiovascular system, nervous system, etc.
Pistachios contain vitamin E and L-arginine that keep your heart healthy. These substances are also good for the body and keep the arteries flexible.
Tomato ketchup has a high level of lycopene that prevents the development of cancerous cells. It also blocks the oxidation of fat in the blood vessels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Butter is a good source of fatty acids that are very important for our body. People have wrongly believed that butter can lead to problems with cardiovascular health and research has shown that in real this is not true.
7. Peanut Butter:
Peanuts are rich in vitamins B6 and B12 that are helpful for the delivery of oxygen to the blood tissues. Research has shown that vitamin B3 (niacin) contained in peanut butter helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer's by almost 70%.