- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 12 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 12 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- Movies Pattas Box Office Final Collections: The Dhanush Starrer Ends Up As A Profitable Venture!
- Technology Upcoming Budget Flagship Smartphones To Arrive In India This Year
- News Why are wildlife activists upset with Rajinikanth's 'Man vs Wild' episode
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup: India trounce Australia by 74 runs; enter semifinals
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Gulping down slimy looking foods is not a good idea at all. We tend to cringe when we watch such scenes in the movies. Some faint-hearted ones might even end up throwing up.
But what if we tell you that there are some gross-looking foods that are actually very healthy for you, would you include them? You have to eat them, as they provide you with some unconventional health benefits.
Well, this article is all about the gross-looking food list that are actually supposed to be healthy. The nutrients present in these foods might not be readily available in the normal foods that you eat.
So, it's true that everything comes with a price. The price you need to pay here is to somehow consume these foods praying to the heavens.
Taking a bite off these disgusting foods might not be a bad decision after all. So, give this article a read in order to know about the gross foods that are healthy, which you have been avoiding all your life.
As weird as it sounds, tripe is the first or second stomach of a cow. It is an excellent source of protein. About 3.5 ounces of tripe contains 12 grams of lean protein, which is about one-fifth of your daily recommendation of protein. Tripe tops the list of gross foods that are healthy.
2. Chia Seeds:
Chia seeds are actually very slimy and yucky, but they are high in fibre and antioxidants that help in counteracting the free radical damage to the cells of the body. This is also one of the bad-looking healthy foods that are a must include.
3. Bone Marrow:
It's quite unappealing to be sucking the gelatinous centre of a bone marrow, especially if it is your date night. This is said to contain the wrinkle-fighting protein collagen that helps restore the elasticity of the skin.
Sardines are a bunch of stinky fish that will let the neighbourhood know that you have got sardines for lunch today at home. For this reason, most of them hesitate in buying them. However, these contain essential omega-3 fatty acids and supply your body with enough Vitamin B12.
5. Black Pudding:
Black pudding is also known as blood sausage. Do you need any other reason to not eat it? But what if we told you that black pudding is a rich source of iron and zinc. This might as well turn out to be one of the most disgusting foods that could actually be very good and healthy for you.
A cup of kefir supplies you with about 25% of your daily recommendation of calcium and vitamin D. Though it might taste bad, it is one of the best known healthy foods.
7. Cow's Heart:
Now you needn't imagine about the tribals in the movie Apocalypto. A cow's heart is packed with B vitamins. It helps to fill your body with amino acids that can improve metabolism. It also contains compounds that aid in the production of collagen and elastin in the body.