- 9 min ago Thanks To Social Media, Andra Girl Reunites With Parents After 12 Long Years
- 1 hr ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- Movies Waheeda Rehman Slams Hyderabad Encounter: We Shouldn’t Be Allowed To Take Somebody’s Life
- News Kopardi rape case: Pro-Maratha outfit seeks speedy justice in
- Sports Champions League preview: Liverpool face tricky test at Salzburg
- Technology Massive Asteroid Approaching Earth At 44,172 Km/h; Should You Worry?
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Your body is a temple and this temple can only survive if it is properly nourished with food. The right kind of nutrients can help fight off certain diseases and hence the saying 'You're what you eat' is true.
Some foods can be exclusively used to cure certain diseases and did you know that there are about 15 diseases that can be cured with 15 foods? Yes, you read that right!
Your primary source of good health is food and it all starts with how you decide to take care of your health. If a healthy body is what you strive for, then this article is what you need to take a look at.
Each time you head to the grocery store, that is when your healthy eating plans must kick in. You need to shop smart and opt for veggies and fruits that can help in combating several of the diseases out there.
Deploying these foods in your daily diet is the only thing that you need to do and your body will thank you for it.
In this article, we have listed some of the top 15 foods that can be used to cure 15 kinds of different diseases as mentioned in the list below. Scroll further to know more about the foods that can help cure these 15 diseases.
1. Alzheimer's Disease – Coffee:
Coffee is rich in antioxidants and can help decrease the risk of one developing Alzheimer's disease by as much as 60%. This is also mentioned in the study 'Caffeine And Coffee As Therapeutics Against Alzheimer's Disease'.
2. Blood Sugar Stabilizer – Raspberries:
These contain anthocyanins that help boost the insulin production and also lower the blood sugar levels. Raspberries also provide a strong defense system against diabetes.
3. Skin Cancer Prevention – Carrots:
People who consumed higher levels of carotenoids, the pigments that occur in carrots, were noted to be six times less likely to develop skin cancer when compared to those who didn't, as per the study 'Review Of Natural Compounds For Potential Skin Cancer Treatment'.
4. Bad Cholesterol – Salmon:
Salmon contains heart-healthy fats that raise the the good HDL cholesterol levels. It also contains a big dose of omega-3 fatty acids that can ward off heart diseases. This is one of the best foods that helps cure high cholesterol levels in the body.
5. Breast Cancer – Whole Grain Cereal:
Women who receives at least 30 grams of fibre every day are half as likely to develop breast cancer. This can be found in the study 'Whole Grain Intake And Cancer: An Expanded Review And Meta Analysis'. Hence, whole grain cereal can help prevent the occurrence of breast cancer in women.
6. Colon Cancer – Green Or White Tea:
Drinking just one cup of green or white tea a day will cut the risk of colon cancer to half. This tea contains antioxidants like catechins that inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
7. Arthritis & Other Bone Diseases – Shrimp:
Shrimp is high in vitamin B12 that aids with bone density and helps with the generation of new cells. It is also a good source of vitamin D that is essential for bone growth. This is one of the top foods that helps fight diseases.
8. Macular Degeneration – Spinach:
Leafy greens like spinach contains lutein and this helps in decreasing the risk of macular degeneration by almost 43% in the elderly as noted by certain studies.
9. Early Ageing Signs – Red Wine:
Oxidative stress is the main reason for ageing. Red wine contains an antioxidant called resveratrol that helps in extending life. It neutralizes the free radicals that otherwise cause early ageing signs to appear on skin.
10. Cavity Killer – Cheese:
Eating less than a quarter ounce of Jack or cheddar or mozzarella cheese and this will help in boosting the levels of the pH of the teeth. This helps in preventing cavities and helps maintain a good oral health.
11. Blood Pressure – Baked Potato:
Baked potato contains about 400 mg of potassium. Increasing the amount of potassium will help to lower the levels of blood pressure. This is also one of the best foods that prevents diseases.
12. Hair Thinning Or Hair Loss - Beef:
This meat contains iron that helps stimulate the hair turnover and replenishment number. Beef is also a good source of zinc that protects against hair fall.
13. Prostate Protector – Garlic:
People who ate garlic had a 28% lower risk of developing benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) compared to those who didn't eat garlic. Garlic contains certain beneficial compounds. It also decreases the risk of prostate cancer by 50%.
14. Lung Cancer – Grapefruits:
These contain naringin that helps lower the levels of cancer-causing enzymes. Consuming this regularly also reduces the risk of developing lung cancer by almost 50%.
15. Cardiovascular Diseases – Olive Oil:
Olive oil contains certain antioxidants that help to raise the HDL (good) cholesterol and lower the LDL (bad) cholesterol. This makes olive oil a potent protector against cardiovascular diseases.