Does food cause nightmares? Are you someone who experiences nightmares frequently? If that disturbs your sleep quality, have you wondered what could be triggering those bad dreams?
Well, if everything else in your life is peaceful then you must suspect the food you eat. Yes, certain foods may cause bad dreams.
Also Read: Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men?
Do foods cause nightmares? Of course, you can't blame only your food. Anxiety, bad sleeping habits, stress and fears about your future could also trigger bad dreams. But if you don't have any of those problems then you can check your eating habits to pin point the cause behind bad dreams.
Researchers claim that certain foods could influence your dreams and their quality. Those bizarre things you see in your dreams could be fuelled by the food you eat. Surprised? Read on to know what foods cause nightmares.
We all know that alcohol works almost like a sedative but still kills the quality of sleep. On the top of that, it is responsible for scary dreams and restlessness in the night. Some people may even experience bizarre visions in sleep after getting drunk.
Spicy foods cause nightmares in many. They disturb sleep, raise body temperature and also interfere with the brain activity during sleep.
Caffeine before sleep is bad for two reasons. Firstly, it may make it tough to fall asleep. Secondly, it could trigger brain activity that could cause dreams.
A research states that pasta when consumed along with bread during the night could affect the quality of sleep and the dream states too.
Watching the late night horror movie while munching chips? Well, greasy foods or chips have a bad reputation in the dreams department!
Eating ice cream late in the night? The sugar and fat content of the ice cream could pump energy but your body is in sleep mode.
Also Read:Are Your Sleep Habits Dangerous?
Your brain gets into a conflict mode not knowing what to do with the excess energy. Your dreams go hyper.
Even psychologists believe that sugary foods could cause nightmares. Even a cake or a cookie before bed should be avoided if you are scare of nightmares.
What? Even a soda could affect your sleeping states? The problem with sugary sodas is that they contain many additives that could cause the bizarre dreams.
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley
- These 13 Health Benefits Of Quinoa Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Wild Rice
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- What To Eat At Work For Lunch? 9 Simple Tips And Ideas
- 13 Unexpected Things You Can Overdose On
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- 14 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Eat These! 42 Fibre-rich Foods For Weight Loss
- 10 Zero-calorie Foods You Must Eat If You Are Planning To Lose Weight!
- Top 10 Foods With Good Fats For Weight Loss
- How to Stop Emotional Eating - 5 Simple Steps