- 11 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 12 hrs ago Hina Khan Glams Up With Copper Green Eye Shadow And Glossy Nude Lips; Get The Look In A Few Simple Steps!
- 14 hrs ago Ugadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- 17 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 13 April 2021
- News Janta Curfew in Maharashtra: Know more about what is closed, what's open and what's allowed
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR vs MI: Five-wicket man Andre Russell creates rare record, joins Ishant Sharma
- Technology Possible Oppo Reno6 Variant Gets Benchmarked; Snapdragon 765G SoC, 8GB RAM Tipped
- Movies Ankita Lokhande, Rahul Vaidya, Urvashi Dholakia And Other TV Celebs Wish Fans Happy Gudi Padwa
- Automobiles Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 High-Speed Commercial Delivery Electric Scooter Launched In India
- Finance Gold Price Fall Not Much A Worry for NBFCs, Banks Need To Be Watchful
- Education CSBC Bihar Police Constable Final Result 2021 Declared
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Flatulence, or farts, have always been a subject of embarrassment, although every human being does it, right? Imagine you are on a date and you cannot control your farts; it can be very awkward, especially if they are extremely pungent!
Well, passing gas is an extremely normal and also a healthy sign, that occurs in people on a daily basis.
Also Read : Home Remedy For Gas
Flatulence, in medical terms, can be described as the release of the gas from your intestines, through the anus.
Gas is collected in your digestive system, either when you swallow in air, or when the digestive juices in your stomach produce certain gases, while breaking down the food.
So, when the gas accumulated in your stomach is released, it gets out through your anal cavity, and most of the time, it is accompanied by a bad smell!
A certain amount of smell is normal; however, when your gas smells extremely strong and pungent, it could be a sign of bad lifestyle habits or ailments.
Here are a few reasons why your gas could be smelling bad!
1. Dairy Intolerance
Also known as lactose intolerance, this condition, disrupts the normal digestion process in the affected person, when they consume dairy products, making their gas smell bad.
2. Excess Proteins
When you consume excess amounts of protein-rich foods, all of the contents may not be digested in your intestines, leaving a residue, which also results in smelly farts.
3. Cruciferous Vegetables
The human body lacks the enzyme needed to break down raffinose, a substance present in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, so, when you consume them in excess, it can cause digestive problems and smelly gas.
4. Gluten Intolerance
If you are allergic to gluten, present in certain wheat products, again, your digestion process will be slowed down, leading to pungent flatulence.
5. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a digestive ailment, caused by the inflammation of the intestines and one of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome is the release of smelly gas.
If you are someone who works out at a gym and wants to build muscles and you are taking whey supplement, then there are chances that your fart could smell bad, because whey is high in protein content!