Flatulence, or farts, have always been a subject of embarrassment, although every human being does it, right? Imagine you are on a date and you cannot control your farts; it can be very awkward, especially if they are extremely pungent!
Well, passing gas is an extremely normal and also a healthy sign, that occurs in people on a daily basis.
Also Read : Home Remedy For Gas
Flatulence, in medical terms, can be described as the release of the gas from your intestines, through the anus.
Gas is collected in your digestive system, either when you swallow in air, or when the digestive juices in your stomach produce certain gases, while breaking down the food.
So, when the gas accumulated in your stomach is released, it gets out through your anal cavity, and most of the time, it is accompanied by a bad smell!
A certain amount of smell is normal; however, when your gas smells extremely strong and pungent, it could be a sign of bad lifestyle habits or ailments.
Here are a few reasons why your gas could be smelling bad!
1. Dairy Intolerance
Also known as lactose intolerance, this condition, disrupts the normal digestion process in the affected person, when they consume dairy products, making their gas smell bad.
2. Excess Proteins
When you consume excess amounts of protein-rich foods, all of the contents may not be digested in your intestines, leaving a residue, which also results in smelly farts.
3. Cruciferous Vegetables
The human body lacks the enzyme needed to break down raffinose, a substance present in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, so, when you consume them in excess, it can cause digestive problems and smelly gas.
4. Gluten Intolerance
If you are allergic to gluten, present in certain wheat products, again, your digestion process will be slowed down, leading to pungent flatulence.
5. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
This is a digestive ailment, caused by the inflammation of the intestines and one of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome is the release of smelly gas.
If you are someone who works out at a gym and wants to build muscles and you are taking whey supplement, then there are chances that your fart could smell bad, because whey is high in protein content!
- 10 Home Remedies For Indigestion And Gas
- How To Relieve Gas Fast With These 13 Home Remedies
- These Habits Are To Be Blamed If You Have Been Gassy Lately
- Foods That Cause Gas In The Stomach
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Hold In Poop
- What Is SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Growth)?
- Best Methods To Use Ginger For An Upset Stomach And Gas Troubles
- Is Farting Good For Your Health?
- 7 Unusual Reasons For Bloating That Have Nothing To Do With Food!
- Try This Home Remedy And You Will Never Suffer From Indigestion Again!
- Home Remedy To Reduce Stomach Gas Quickly!
- Simple Natural Remedies To Treat Chronic Indigestion
- Should You Eat Fruits At Night