Not all food combinations are safe. Some may have side effects too. Yes, it applies to certain fruits and vegetables.
For example, oranges and carrots should not be consumed together. You can eat two different sweet fruits together only if they don't contain any acid. For example, water melon, apples and plums can be eaten together.
Also Read: Food Combinations For More Health Benefits
Grapefruit, lemons, oranges, blueberries, grapes and kiwis contain acid (citrus) and therefore, they shouldn't be randomly combined with any other fruit.
Raspberries, mangoes, apples and strawberries are semi acidic. Avocado, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and coconuts are considered neutral. So, they can be eaten together.
Now, here are some combinations to totally avoid.
When you consume milk and pineapple together, you may suffer certain side effects like nausea, infections, diarrhea, headaches and even stomach pain. The combination of bromelain and lactic acid may not go well.
If you are suffering from digestive issues, this combo can make them worse. Yes, acid reflux, heartburn and even kidney issues could be among the side effects of this combination.
Also Read: Bad Food Combinations That Make You Sick
Your body may find it tough to digest both of them together. So, you may feel drowsy or foggy for some time. Also, this combo may prove toxic.
Nausea, headache, acidosis and gas problem are some side effects of this combo.
Some sources claim that this combination could even cause hemoglobin issues and make one anemic!
The problem with having milk, orange juice and cereals together is that your body may be unable to digest them together.
Both fruits and vegetable are healthy. But that doesn't mean that you can eat them in one go.
Fruits contain sugar and take longer to digest. When you eat vegetables also along with them, the digestive system may slow down and cause gas problems, diarrhea and headaches too.
- What Are Fructans? Foods To Have On A Low Fructan Diet
- How Greek Yogurt Is Good For You
- Diet, Nutrition And Lifestyle Changes For Diabetes Mellitus
- 11 Highest Sources Of Protein For Vegetarians
- This Is What Happens If You Eat Oats Every Day
- Orthorexia Nervosa: When Healthy Eating Becomes An Obsession
- 8 Best Foods To Eat For Hormonal Imbalance
- How To Lose Weight With Avocados
- 12 Foods That Have No Calories
- Cabbage V/s Lettuce Nutrition: Which Is More Nutritious?
- 10 Signs Of Poor Nutrient Absorption
- 10 Health Benefits Of Dalia With Milk
- Benefits Of Carrot For Skin Care