Not all food combinations are safe. Some may have side effects too. Yes, it applies to certain fruits and vegetables.
For example, oranges and carrots should not be consumed together. You can eat two different sweet fruits together only if they don't contain any acid. For example, water melon, apples and plums can be eaten together.
Also Read: Food Combinations For More Health Benefits
Grapefruit, lemons, oranges, blueberries, grapes and kiwis contain acid (citrus) and therefore, they shouldn't be randomly combined with any other fruit.
Raspberries, mangoes, apples and strawberries are semi acidic. Avocado, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and coconuts are considered neutral. So, they can be eaten together.
Now, here are some combinations to totally avoid.
When you consume milk and pineapple together, you may suffer certain side effects like nausea, infections, diarrhea, headaches and even stomach pain. The combination of bromelain and lactic acid may not go well.
If you are suffering from digestive issues, this combo can make them worse. Yes, acid reflux, heartburn and even kidney issues could be among the side effects of this combination.
Also Read: Bad Food Combinations That Make You Sick
Your body may find it tough to digest both of them together. So, you may feel drowsy or foggy for some time. Also, this combo may prove toxic.
Nausea, headache, acidosis and gas problem are some side effects of this combo.
Some sources claim that this combination could even cause hemoglobin issues and make one anemic!
The problem with having milk, orange juice and cereals together is that your body may be unable to digest them together.
Both fruits and vegetable are healthy. But that doesn't mean that you can eat them in one go.
Fruits contain sugar and take longer to digest. When you eat vegetables also along with them, the digestive system may slow down and cause gas problems, diarrhea and headaches too.
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley
- These 13 Health Benefits Of Quinoa Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Wild Rice
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- What To Eat At Work For Lunch? 9 Simple Tips And Ideas
- 13 Unexpected Things You Can Overdose On
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- 14 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Jackfruit
- Eat These! 42 Fibre-rich Foods For Weight Loss
- 10 Zero-calorie Foods You Must Eat If You Are Planning To Lose Weight!
- Top 10 Foods With Good Fats For Weight Loss
- Top 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate