- Movies Kartik Aaryan Finds Bhumi Pednekar’s Replacement In This Funny Pati Patni Aur Woh Picture!
- News How Amit Shah paved the way for the passage of the CitizenshipAmendment Bill
- Sports Hero I-League: Mohun Bagan trounce TRAU to clinch season’s first win
- Technology Nokia C1, Android Go Smartphone Announced, But Lacks 4G Support
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Consuming cabbage as a vegetable or salad is very common, but drinking cabbage water is something very unusual and not many people have heard about it.
Cabbage water is known to have plenty of health benefits. So, the moment you get to learn about its benefits, you will definitely make it a point to drink it on a regular basis.
Also, there are a few people who do not like the taste of a cabbage as a vegetable or salad, so for them drinking cabbage water is one of the best options to get all the nutrients that cabbage has to offer.
Cabbage is known for its rich antioxidant properties. Polyphenols are one of the best known antioxidants. This is considered as one of the major antioxidants that helps to protect the body's cells from free radical damage.
This isn't all, cabbage is rich in other essential nutrients like. Vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin K are the major vitamins contained in cabbage.
In addition to this, due to the presence of other minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium, consuming cabbage water helps to prevent several health problems.
So, today, we have listetd a few of the best known health benefits of drinking cabbage water. Take a look.
1. Immunity Booster:
Cabbage contains all the essential nutrients that the body requires to stay healthy. Drinking a glass of cabbage water helps to fight against all the harmful pathogens and prevents any kind of infections.
2. Improves Vision:
Cabbage contains beta-carotene that helps in keeping your vision healthy. Consuming cabbage water regularly thus helps in preventing macular degeneration and is good for your eye's health.
3. Good For The Skin:
Consuming cabbage water on a regular basis is considered to be good for the skin. Due to the presence of essential phytochemicals and antioxidants, cabbage water helps to fight harmful free radicals that can lead to the development of skin problems like acne and even extreme dryness.
4. Good For The Bones:
Cabbage is rich in essential nutrients like calcium, magnesium and potassium. All these combined together help in protecting the bones from degenerating and getting weak. Drinking a glass of cabbage water on a regular basis helps in keeping the bones healthy.
5. Alcohol Detoxification:
When you consume excess alcohol, make it a point to drink a glass of cabbage water on an empty stomach the next morning. Due to the rich antioxidant properties, drinking cabbage water helps in detoxifying the stomach as well as the liver.
6. Treats Stomach Ulcer:
Cabbage is rich in phytonutrients. So, when you drink cabbage water on a regular basis, it helps in strengthening the stomach lining's resistance to acid attacks. This in turn helps in treating stomach ulcer effectively.
7. Lowers The Risk Of Developing Cancer:
Cabbage is known for its rich antioxidant properties. Consuming cabbage or cabbage water helps in fighting the chronic oxidative stress and thus helps in lowering the risk of developing cancer.
8. Helps To Purify The Blood:
Cabbage is one of the best known green leafy vegetables that is known for its rich antioxidant properties. It helps to detoxify the blood and prevents any serious health problems related to blood like high blood pressure.
9. Aids In Weight Loss:
Consuming cabbage water is considered as one of the best ways to lose weight. Cabbage is rich in all the essential nutrients that the body requires and does not contain any fat or excess calories. It helps in detoxifying the body of all the toxic elements and this aids in weight loss.
10. Good For The Liver:
Known for its rich antioxidant properties, cabbage water contains one of the best known antioxidants called 'Indole-3 carbonile', which helps in detoxifying the liver and thus it helps in keeping the liver healthy.
How To Prepare Cabbage Water:
So, here is a simple way to prepare cabbage water. Check it out.
- Take a glass jar and add shredded cabbage (either green or purple) till the jar is half filled.
- Add water till the jar is full.
- Add a teaspoon of sea salt and cover the jar.
- Allow it to steep overnight or for a day.
- Strain the water in a glass, add salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Stir it properly and then drink it.