- News Jharkhand Assembly Election LIVE: Stage set for third phase polling today
- Movies Chhapaak: Aamir Khan And Alia Bhatt Are Moved By The Trailer Of Deepika Padukone’s Film
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Records created in Wankhede T20I; Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma touch milestones
- Technology Nokia C1, Android Go Smartphone Announced, But Lacks 4G Support
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
In the rural areas of India, people have their daily dose of buttermilk and yes, they enjoy its health benefits. Especially, during the summer season, buttermilk helps in withstanding the heat.
Buttermilk is made of curd, water and some spices. Curry leaves, cumin seeds, salt and ginger powder are the main ingredients of buttermilk.
As curd contains beneficial bacteria, buttermilk is good for digestion and is also low in calories. In fact, those who suffer constipation can have a glass of buttermilk in the morning.
Reduces Burning Sensation
When you are suffering from acidity, drinking buttermilk can cool down the burning sensation in your stomach. It can also minimise the irritation caused by acid reflux.
It Flushes And Soothes
When you drink a glass of buttermilk, your stomach feels soothed. This is because it flushes the substances that irritate the lining of your stomach.
Also, when curry leaves, cumin seeds and pepper powder are added to buttermilk, it tends to offer medicinal qualities to the buttermilk.
After a heavy meal, if you feel uncomfortable, just drink a glass of buttermilk in which ginger powder is added. This will boost your digestion and also prevents belching.
Remedy For Dehydration
When you are suffering from dehydration, drink a glass of butter milk that has some spices and salt added to it. You will feel hydrated even in hot climates.
When it comes to the nutrients, buttermilk offers potassium, protein, calcium and vitamin B complex.
Remedy For Diarrhea
If you are suffering from diarrhea, take a cup of buttermilk and mix half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder to it and mix it well. Consume it 3 times a day and your diarrhea will be cured in a couple of days.
Controls Cholesterol Levels
Drinking a glass of buttermilk also helps in controlling your cholesterol levels. Also, a bio-active protein present in buttermilk is found out to have anticancer, antibacterial, and anti viral properties. Drinking butter milk is also good for your blood pressure.