- 10 min ago Happy Birthday Malaika Arora: The Supermodel Who Inspires Us To Step Out Of Our Comfort Zone
- 23 min ago 7 Reasons Why You Should Stick To Your True Friends, Not Fake Friends!
- 1 hr ago 7 Science-backed Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Bugleweed
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 October 2019
- Sports French Open: Sindhu begins with easy win, Subhankar upsets Sugiarto
- News ‘We speak our minds’: Malaysian Prime Minister stands by Kashmir comment
- Technology Honor V30 Confirmed For November Launch: Price And Specifications
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- Automobiles BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Tapioca is a derivative of cassava plant. The roots of the plant are mainly used for edible purposes. Tapioca offers certain health benefits too.
Tapioca is also gluten-free; so people who are gluten intolerant can try it out. Tapioca contains selenium, copper, calcium, manganese and iron, vitamin B6, folate and panthothenic acid. Now, let us discuss how tapioca benefits your health.
Caution: Tapioca may have toxic side effects when prepared or consumed in incorrect ways. So, ensure that you buy it from reputed sources. Also, never try to process cassava on your own.
It offers lots of fibre. Your digestive system works efficiently when you consume enough of dietary fibre. Regular consumption of tapioca can prevent constipation, intestinal pain, bloating and even colo-rectal cancer.
Tapioca contains iron. Your body needs iron to produce new blood cells. So, eating tapioca regularly can prevent anemia and can also boost healthy circulation.
Tapioca also contains folic acid and B complex vitamins. If you are taking vitamin supplements, try tapioca after consulting your doctor.
The potassium present in tapioca helps in reducing stress on blood vessels and arteries. Also, potassium plays a role in fluid balance.
Healthy Weight Gain
If you are underweight, then tapioca can help you gain healthy weight. It is rich in carbs. Even a cup of it can offer almost half of your daily carb requirement. Also, as it doesn't contain saturated fat and cholesterol you can have it without worrying.
Tapioca is good for your bone health too. It contains iron, calcium and vitamin K. It can prevent conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
Tapioca also contains protein. If you are looking for plant-based protein tapioca is a good choice.