- 7 min ago Vasant Panchami 2020: How To Worship Goddess Saraswati According To Your Zodiac Sign
- 1 hr ago How Does Alcohol Effect Your Skin And What Can You Do Counter The Damage
- 1 hr ago Shilpa Shetty, Genelia Deshmukh And Kubbra Sait Raise Temperature With Their Fashionable Outfits
- 1 hr ago Saraswati Puja 2020: 5 Different Offerings For Goddess Saraswati And Their Importance
- News Modi govt tarnished India's image, deterred investors: Rahul Gandhi
- Movies Shikara Special Screening To Be Held For Kashmiri Pandits
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Case Render Spotted On Weibo
- Sports La Liga review: Real Madrid go on top of the table
- Finance AXIS Bank FASTag: Methods to Buy and Recharge AXIS FASTag
- Automobiles Bajaj CT100 And Platina BS6 Models Launched In India At Rs 40,794: Specs & Features
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tapioca is a derivative of cassava plant. The roots of the plant are mainly used for edible purposes. Tapioca offers certain health benefits too.
Tapioca is also gluten-free; so people who are gluten intolerant can try it out. Tapioca contains selenium, copper, calcium, manganese and iron, vitamin B6, folate and panthothenic acid. Now, let us discuss how tapioca benefits your health.
Caution: Tapioca may have toxic side effects when prepared or consumed in incorrect ways. So, ensure that you buy it from reputed sources. Also, never try to process cassava on your own.
It offers lots of fibre. Your digestive system works efficiently when you consume enough of dietary fibre. Regular consumption of tapioca can prevent constipation, intestinal pain, bloating and even colo-rectal cancer.
Tapioca contains iron. Your body needs iron to produce new blood cells. So, eating tapioca regularly can prevent anemia and can also boost healthy circulation.
Tapioca also contains folic acid and B complex vitamins. If you are taking vitamin supplements, try tapioca after consulting your doctor.
The potassium present in tapioca helps in reducing stress on blood vessels and arteries. Also, potassium plays a role in fluid balance.
Healthy Weight Gain
If you are underweight, then tapioca can help you gain healthy weight. It is rich in carbs. Even a cup of it can offer almost half of your daily carb requirement. Also, as it doesn't contain saturated fat and cholesterol you can have it without worrying.
Tapioca is good for your bone health too. It contains iron, calcium and vitamin K. It can prevent conditions like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
Tapioca also contains protein. If you are looking for plant-based protein tapioca is a good choice.