- 10 min ago 5 Facts About Bougainville - The World's Newest Nation'
- 1 hr ago Cuteness Alert: Adorable Pandas Doing Funny Activities Will Make You Fall In Love With Them
- 1 hr ago Sania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Gives Fabulous Fashion Goals With Her Amazing Outfits
- News Name change pays electoral dividend to B S Yediyurappa
- Technology Jio Removes Rs. 49 JioPhone Recharge Plan, Base Plan Debuts At Rs. 75
- Finance Time To Be A Little Cautious On The Markets
- Movies Saath Nibhana Saathiya's Rucha Hasabnis Blessed With Baby Girl; Devoleena & Adaa Congratulate Her
- Sports UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington preview, fight card, India time and where to watch
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Moth bean has an Indian name matki. It can withstand hot climate and grow well even in some areas hit by drought. It can be easily grown as it rarely needs protection from pests etc.
Most of the Indian bodybuilders love matki or moth beans as it is easily available protein-food that offers energy.
Firstly, pulses are low in cholesterol and fat and therefore can be a part of your daily life. You can also sprout matki before eating as that would make it more nutritious. Here are some health benefits of matki.
Matki or moth bean is rich in proteins. For vegetarians, it is a good protein and calcium source. It also offers fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Moth beans also supply vitamin B, zinc, sodium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, calcium and magnesium too.
Matki can be eaten along with rice or even roti. The best thing is that it can even be eaten directly. It can be consumed as sprouts or can also be added to your salads.
In some places of India, matki or moth beans are milled and floured to prepare dough for 'dosa' too. It keeps you energetic as it also provides carbohydrates.
The zinc content in it boosts your immunity. Moth beans can also reduce the effects of stress on your body. Moth beans also support muscle gain and fat loss.
Moth beans are fibre rich, they can prevent constipation, move out the toxins and also reduce high BP and cholesterol.