- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 6 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Sports Guwahati T20 International: BCCI, Assam CA to 'monitor' situation
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Vitamin B12 is extremely vital for the functioning of the body, which is required to generate red blood cells and in maintaining a normal brain function. Vitamin B12 is found in meat, dairy and seafood products. Irregular consumption of vitamin B12 can bring in a deficiency in the body. For non-vegetarians, it is easier to get vitamin B12, but for the vegetarians, it is difficult to get this vitamin.
Vitamin B12 plays a pivotal role in the functioning of red blood cells. It also helps in regular cell metabolism and our brain functions depend heavily on vitamin B12. A deficiency in this vitamin B12 occurs when your body does not have enough of this vitamin to make red blood cells.
A deficiency of this vitamin also happens when you don't get enough from your diet. A person deficient in this vitamin is likely to develop chronic diseases like muscle weakness, nerve troubles, fatigue, loss of appetite, poor memory and anaemia. So, in order to get the most out of this vitamin, it is rather important to include the 10 vegetarian foods rich in vitamin B12.
Cheese is one of the top sources of vitamin B12. Different kind of cheese can be included like mozzarella, swiss and parmesan. Bacteria produces vitamin B12 and cheese is made with the help of bacteria, which makes it a good source of vitamin B12 for vegetarians.
Milk is another essential dairy product required for calcium. Milk is also a great source of vitamin B12. A 250 ml of milk would roughly include 1.2-1.4 mcg of vitamin B12. So, start drinking milk every day to avoid this vitamin deficiency.
If you love having curd, then include this dairy product more often in your daily diet. Curd has high levels of vitamin B12 and it is good for digestive problems too. You can have curd with fruits or you can have it as a dessert.
4. Whey Powder
Whey powder is commonly called protein powder, which is consumed for building the body. Also, whey powder is an excellent source of vitamin B12 and it is mostly used as a health supplement for fitness freaks.
Mushrooms are a nutritious food with a variety of vitamins and minerals. If you are suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency, include mushrooms in your diet. Incorporate mushrooms in your cooking for lunch or dinner to meet your daily requirements of vitamin B12.
6. Soy Products
People who are lactose intolerant can consume soy milk. It is low in calories and also has high vitamin B12. Soybeans are also good sources of vitamin B12 because of their rich protein content.
For a daily supply of vitamin B12, have cereals for breakfast. Fortified cereals are rich sources of vitamin B12 and it has many health benefits too. You can consume fortified cereals with milk or soy milk that can help vegetarians to get an ample amount of vitamin B12.
8. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk can help meet your daily vitamin B12 requirements. Coconut milk is enriched in vitamin B12, so it is a natural source for vegans. Just one cup of coconut milk has 50 percent of your daily recommended intake of vitamin B12.
9. Almond Milk
If you love to drink almond milk, then start gulping down some of it more often. Almond milk is low in calories and fortified with vitamin B12. It is a great alternative to cow's milk as well.
10. Ice Cream
Almost everyone loves ice cream from children to adults. If there is a deficiency of vitamin B12 in your body, stop worrying and start gorging on your favourite ice cream. Yes, ice cream is also a great source of vitamin B12.