- 40 min ago 6 Impressive Health Benefits Of Buckwheat Tea
- 1 hr ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 1 hr ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 2 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- Technology Infinix S5 Lite With Quad Camera, Punch-Hole Display Launched For Rs. 7,999 In India
- News Sri Lankans seek security for presidential election on Saturday, post-Easter attack
- Sports India vs Bangladesh: Mayank Agarwal hits third Test ton; equals Merchat, Sobers, closes in on Steve Smith
- Movies Popular Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies In Road Accident
- Finance This Is Why Bank Stocks Surged In Friday's Session
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Broccoli is a humble green vegetable that most people do not like to include in their diet. But, you will be surprised to know that this green vegetable has innumerable health benefits and is great for losing weight.
Broccoli is a close relative of cabbage and cauliflower. The healthy cruciferous vegetable, whose large flowering head is often eaten for its nutritional properties is often eaten raw or sautéed.
The dark-green vegetable is rich in vitamin C, calcium, vitamin K, folate, potassium, manganese, phosphorous, vitamin B6 and selenium. It is also a rich source of phytonutrient glucosinolates, flavonoids, and various other antioxidant compounds.
Broccoli has an array of nutritional and medicinal benefits including its ability to prevent different types of cancer, lower cholesterol, improve the digestive system, detoxify the body, boost the immune system, protect the skin, etc.
Read on to know about the 10 health benefits of broccoli.
1. Helps Prevent Cancer
Broccoli consists of cancer-fighting and immune-boosting properties. The vegetable is particularly beneficial for urine cancer and breast cancer, since it removes extra oestrogen from the body.
2. Reduces Cholesterol
Broccoli is packed with soluble fibre that draws cholesterol out of your body. This happens because the fibre in broccoli helps bind with bile acids in the digestive tract, which makes it easier to remove the cholesterol.
3. Reduces Allergies
Broccoli has significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids which helps people suffering from arthritis, asthma and other allergic diseases. The vegetable is also rich in quercetin, kaempferol and polyphenols which are known for their anti-allergic immune response.
4. Promotes Weight Loss
Broccoli is an ideal vegetable for a weight loss diet, because it is low in calories. It is rich in fibre that will keep you feeling full for a longer period of time, which makes the weight loss path a lot smoother.
5. Improves Vision
Broccoli consists of natural antioxidants that protect the eyes from ultraviolet radiation. Vitamin A, beta-carotene, phosphorous and other vitamins found in broccoli are very good for ocular health.
6. Promotes Heart Health
Broccoli consists of anti-inflammatory properties of sulforaphane that are known to prevent the damage of blood vessel linings that can be caused by inflammation due to chronic blood sugar problems.
7. Enhances Liver Health
Broccoli can raise the levels of detoxification enzymes and protect the liver from damage. It can also prevent liver failure and has been found to prevent fatty liver disease that can work wonders for your liver health.
8. Improves Digestion
Broccoli prevents colon cancer by reducing the inflammation in the colon. If you are suffering from indigestion, sauté these vegetables that will help to improve the overall gut health.
9. Improves Bone Health
Broccoli contains high levels of vitamin K and calcium, both of which are necessary for bone health and prevents osteoporosis. It also contains other nutrients like phosphorous, zinc and magnesium which are excellent for children, the elderly and lactating mothers.
10. Detoxifies The Body
Broccoli is rich in fibre that helps in eliminating the toxins out from the digestive tract. Broccoli is also full of antioxidants that help in overall detoxification of the body. It also consists of special phytonutrients that help in the body's detox process.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.