Nigella seeds, most commonly called black cumin seeds, are an important ingredient in any type of cooking. It is an interesting spice that brings out a beautiful aroma to the dishes. It is used for flavouring vegetable curry, dal and other savoury dishes.
Apart from the aroma and flavour, black cumin seeds come with a whole lot of health benefits. These seeds are loaded with vitamins, proteins, crude fibre, iron, sodium, potassium, and calcium.
Black cumin seeds are used in the form of medicines as well in Ayurveda. They contain antioxidant properties that help relieve inflammation inside the body and on the skin. Let's take a look at the health benefits of black cumin seeds below.
1. It Relieves From Asthma And Allergies
Black cumin seeds alleviate asthma, allergies, and other respiratory diseases. These also reduce respiratory ailments and chest wheezing.
2. It Can Treat An Upset Stomach
Black cumin seeds if consumed during an upset stomach is said to bring a good relief. Eating the seeds will reduce cramps, gas and stomach bloating.
3. Prevents Cancer
Black cumin seeds are known to reduce the breast cancer cells development. It is also used for preventing oral cancer cell development, colon cancer and cervical cancer.
4. Promotes Liver Health
If you are struggling with a poor liver function, start having black cumin seeds. The seeds are excellent for speeding up the healing process.
5. Prevents Diabetes
This is probably one of the most known benefits of black cumin seeds. Black cumin seeds improve glucose tolerance, thereby preventing diabetes.
RELATED : 10 Home Remedies For Diabetes
6. Protects The Kidney
Kidney stones are a common problem. So, to get rid of kidney stones and infections, include black cumin seeds in your diet.
7. Reduces High Blood Pressure
Black cumin seeds are efficient in reducing high blood pressure. The intake of black seeds has shown positive effects in those whose blood pressure is mildly elevated.
8. Improves Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
Black cumin seeds have also benefited people who were suffering from rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. If you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, use black cumin seeds to reduce its symptoms.
9. Reduces High Cholesterol
Black cumin seeds have been shown to reduce high cholesterol. These consist of healthy fatty acids that can help you maintain healthier cholesterol levels.
10. Improves Your Skin And Hair
Black cumin seeds are incredibly useful in softening the skin and helps increase hair growth. It encourages moisture in the hair and minimizes dark spots on the face.
Share this article!
If you liked reading this article, share it with others.
ALSO READ: 10 Best Detox Juices For A Fast Weight Loss
- Babies Born Via C-Section Will Be More Prone To Asthma And Allergies, Here's Why
- 10 Tips To Prevent Asthma Attacks
- 10 Health Benefits Of Swimming You May Not Know About
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Brown Sugar
- 11 Impressive Health Benefits Of Black Tea You Haven't Heard Of
- 10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Onions
- Know The Reasons Why Women Are More Vulnerable To Asthma Than Men!
- 10 Major Health Benefits Of Custard Apple You Need To Know
- Diet Plan For Asthma Patients
- Drinking Ginger-Honey Tonic Can Give You These Abundant Health Benefits
- 10 Best Ways To Prevent Asthma Attack During Diwali
- Put Garlic In Milk & Reap Off Its Numerous Health Benefits