- 5 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 6 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 7 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 8 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Tops The TRP Chart; Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Re-enters
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
We need minerals along with other nutrients in order to survive. In this post, let us talk about the importance of magnesium.
Firstly, where do you get it from? Well, foods like spinach, seeds, lentils, cheese, beans, quinoa and other dark leafy greens provide this mineral.
Now, here are some reasons why you might need to maintain adequate magnesium levels in your body.
Lack of enough magnesium might affect melatonin which plays an important role in regulating your sleep cycles. Also, magnesium helps in allowing your body to rest by lowering heart rate. Therefore, you can't ignore it.
As magnesium regulates the levels of potassium, lack of it may dehydrate you causing cramps, fatigue, headache and irregular breathing patterns.
Magnesium can solve certain digestive issues and helps in moving food matter in the intestines.
Magnesium deficiency could cause cramping and stiff muscles. Adequate magnesium levels could help in allowing your muscles to relax.
As adequate magnesium levels may also help in maintaining blood sugar levels, consult your doctor to know whether you can get enough of dietary magnesium if you are a diabetic.
For Stress Management
Magnesium can also help in managing stress as it can help your body produce serotonin that relaxes you.
Reduces Migraines Attacks
Adequate magnesium levels can enhance circulation of blood and may help in reducing migraine attacks.
For Strong Bones
Just like calcium, you also need enough magnesium to maintain strong bones. So, ensure that you eat food that contains enough of magnesium regularly.