- 6 hrs ago Ketu Transit 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- 6 hrs ago International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- 9 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Stuns In Her Saree-Inspired Black Outfit With Interesting Palla And Silver Jewellery
- 9 hrs ago Kalla Reh Jayenga: Nikki Tamboli Raise Fashion Quotient A Notch Up With Her Shimmering Powder-Blue Lehenga
- Sports Euro 2020: Denmark vs Finland match suspended as Eriksen collapses on the pitch
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- News Committed to data transparency on Covaxin: Bharat Biotech
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Automobiles New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
While battling cancer, along with the medicines and lifestyle changes, certain changes need to be made when it comes to the intake of food. There are certain food items that trigger cancer and others that help to combat it.
Healthy foods are not only high in nutritional value, but also help to prevent diseases and to cure them as well. Refined foods like white rice, white bread, cereals, crackers and baked goods like cookies, for example, have all been found to be directly connected to causes of cancer.
Also Read: Top 21 Foods That Fight And Prevent Cancer
Foods which are treated and contain ingredients like hydrogenated oils, sodium nitrate, synthetic food colours, MSG along with other preservatives and chemicals are known as cancer promoting foods. A person with cancer should avoid these at all costs.
What kind of diet is known as an anti-cancer diet? Clearly a diet containing food items which have strong ingredients for cancer prevention. In order to fight cancer, add as much as possible nutrition, minerals and vitamins to your diet. This is dependent on the foods you eat and also the drinks you choose.
Drinking eight glasses of filtered water is vital for any diet as it keeps the body hydrated and flushes out toxins. A high-fibre diet containing foods like legumes or something from the bean family or a leafy vegetable for instance are important ingredients that should be included in your cancer-fighting diet.
Also Read: 10 Cancer-Causing Foods To Avoid
Foods that help to fight cancer include tomatoes, cabbage, broccoli, berries, certain teas like green tea extract, foods with whole grains, the skin of red grapes and beans and the list goes on. Any foods which contain anti-oxidants will be very beneficial like beans, apricots and spinach to name a few.
Another important consideration in a cancer-fighting diet is to eat pure or organic foods. Organic foods are grown by farmers who do not use chemicals and pesticides that can trigger cancer in the long run.