- 9 hrs ago Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- 9 hrs ago 12 Best Leg Exercises For Women To Try At Home
- 10 hrs ago Ananya Panday And Shanaya Kapoor’s Outfits Are Not Ideal For Parties But For Casual Gatherings
- 10 hrs ago 9 Traits Of November Born People That You May Not Know
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Technology Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
The Navratri festival is at it's end and many of you may have consumed the tasty, yet healthy, 'sabudana kichdi' during this time, especially while fasting. Did you know that sabudana comes with numerous health benefits?
Yes, many a times, we follow a diet without knowing the importance of certain ingredients that we use quite often.
We tend to blindly follow a cooking routine that has been passed on to us by our ancestors, hardly knowing any nutritional facts about the foods we have been consuming on a regular basis.
However, the Indian staple food is known to be one of the most balanced diets in the world, as it includes vitamins, proteins, minerals, carbohydrates and good fats in equal quantities.
So, most of the dishes that we consume on a regular basis are rich in nutrients, especially when cooked in a healthy way using less oil and spices!
Sabudana, or tapioca, is one such ingredient which is packed with various healthy nutrients. So, learn all about the health benefits of sabudana, here.
1. Improves Muscle Growth
As sabudana is rich in protein content, it can aid the formation of muscle growth, thus keeping your body toned and healthy!
2. Boosts Bone Health
One of the health benefits of sabudana is that it aids in the growth of healthy bones, as it is rich in vitamin K and calcium.
3. Treats Anaemia
As tapioca is rich in iron content, it improves the production of healthy red blood cells, thus treating conditions like anaemia.
4. Controls Hypertension
Another health benefit of sabudana is that it controls high blood pressure by improving the blood flow throughout the body and helps keep your veins well dilated.
5. Improves The Energy Levels
Sabudana khichdi is a good breakfast food, as it is rich in nutrients that can keep you energised and alert throughout the day!
6. Prevents Birth Defects
Another health benefit of tapioca is that it can prevent certain abnormalities in the foetus, thus reducing the chances of birth defects in babies, when consumed by pregnant women.
7. Improves Digestion
Sabudana has the ability to improve the production of digestive juices and it keeps your intestines healthy, thus improving your digestion to a great extent.