- 8 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 10 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- 12 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- 17 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- Movies The Gurmeet Choudhary Foundation Opens First Post COVID-19 Care Centre In Bihar
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Beans are very nutritious; no doubt about it. But overeating them could cause certain issues. But let us first talk about the good side of beans.
Also Read: What Happens If You Eat Salmon?
They are rich in protein, fibre, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, magnesium, copper and even iron. They are low in cholesterol, sodium and fat. They contain amino acids and they are a good source of protein for those who hate meat.
Also Read: Health Goals You Must Set After 30
But the problem with beans is more about digestion. Have you ever felt heavy after eating beans? Well, it could cause gastrointestinal issues. That isn't the only drawback; there are more. Here are they:
Dry peas, beans and some lentils contain purine which may raise uric acid levels. This could be a problem to those who suffer from gout.
If you are under BP medication, then eating fava beans isn't advisable as they are said to interfere with the drugs.
The problem with soy beans is that, they could slow down the absorption of beta-carotene, vitamin D and vitamin B12. If you eat soy beans, it is important to eat leafy vegetables and fruits to get those vitamins.
As beans don't come with all essential amino acids, you may need to eat other foods to get those. Also, it is better to eat beans with rice.
In some people, beans could also trigger a migraine attack and in some others, they may cause food allergy.
Digesting the fibre content in beans is not a small thing for your body. In some people, beans may also cause gastrointestinal issues. You may need to workout and drink lots of water to help your body digest beans.
The iron content present in beans is difficult to be absorbed by the body. So, you may need to eat them along with lemon. Vitamin C could boost the absorption of iron.