- Sports Messi hat-trick breaks La Liga record as Barca put five past Mallorca
- News Law and order has broken down, Modi is 'mute', says Cong as crimes against women continues
- Technology Netflix Plans To Invest Rs. 3,000 Crore On Content In India
- Movies Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners List: Sriti Jha, Shabbir, Dheeraj, Shraddha & Others Bag Awards
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Some people have the craving to eat ice. Though it may sound strange to us, it is a disorder known as pagophagia. Though rarely feeling like biting an ice cube isn't an issue, it is better to consult a doctor if the craving becomes a daily thing.
Also Read: How To Raise BP
Sometimes, some other underlying conditions could be fuelling the desire to eat stuff that isn't food. Only a doctor could detect such factors.
Also Read: How To Control Appetite
In some people, the reason could also be iron deficiency. Some people chew ice cubes to kill boredom whereas some do it may be because of dry mouth. Consulting a doctor could give clarity. Now, here are more facts.
Your teeth would be damaged if you chew ice frequently. The enamel of your teeth could be affected and may cause dental issues later.
In some people, iron deficiency could also make them chew ice. If that is the case, it is better to ensure more iron through diet to reduce the habit.
People who suffer dehydration and nausea may also feel like chewing ice all the time. If you suffer from any of the above issues, it is better to consult a doctor and get the reason diagnosed.
Generally, those who frequently eat ice in large quantities tend to lose interest in eating food and this may cause nutritional deficiencies.
Habit or Obsession
Some people who have an oral fixation may also enjoy chewing ice all the time as they want something in their mouths all the time.
Some people who wish to control snack cravings may gradually form the habit of chewing ice. Though this may help in weight loss, it has its disadvantages in the long run.