- 47 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Bigil Completes 50 Days In Theatres; Vijay Starrer Is The Highest-Grossing Tamil Movie Of 2019!
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- News I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Today, storing and reheating food have become common aspects of cooking and eating; but if you don't follow certain methods, the foods may either get spoiled or may lose the nutrition value.
Also Read: Is Eating Ice Cubes Dangerous?
If you wish to store potatoes for long periods of time, you need to cook them. Raw potatoes may not do well when frozen. For freezing and reheating purposes, cooked ones are the best.
In fact, any vegetable may need to be blanched before it is frozen. Boiling them in water may prevent certain enzyme actions which impact the texture and flavour when they are frozen. Also, this process can kill bacteria, clean the vegetable and maintain the nutrients in it.
Also Read: Can Ibuprofen Over Dosage Kill You ?
Both over-blanching an under-blanching may prove counter productive. Therefore, follow the steps carefully if you wish to store your potatoes in a healthy way.
When you go to the market to buy potatoes, choose the right ones. They shouldn't have sprouts on them and they shouldn't have any cuts on them. Unless you select good ones, you can't get the whole process right.
The objective of washing is to clean the dirt and debris. If required, use a small brush to gently brush the surface of the potatoes while washing.
Peel the potatoes and chop them. Use a knife with a clean surface. Unclean knives or rusted surfaces may toxify your vegetables.
Fill a big vessel with water and heat it. Add all potatoes to the boiling water and allow them to boil for 4 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from boiling water and place them in another vessel containing ice-cold water. Leave them there for 10 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from cold water and wipe them dry. Place the in air-tight containers and put them in a freezer.
You can store the potatoes for nearly a year, if you can deep freeze them and use air tight packets or containers to store them.