- Finance Budget 2020: Pushing Demand To Boost Economy Would Be Key
- Movies Saif Ali Khan Gets Trolled For Claiming There Was No Concept of India Till The British
- Technology Three Poco F2 Models Could Be Lined Up For 2020
- News Modi extracts wealth from India's poor, gives it to 'crony capitalist friends': Rahul Gandhi
- Automobiles KTM Adventure 390 Launched At Rs 2.99 Lakh: Bookings Officially Open At Rs 10,000
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Novak Djokovic results and form ahead of second-round match with Tatsuma Ito
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The other name of isabgol is Psyllium husk. Many Indians use it as it can prevent constipation and certain other digestive issues.
Also Read: How To Heal Broken Bones Faster
But at the same time, don't over eat it as it could cause stomach cramps. Also, people who have stomach issues may need to stay away from it.
Also Read: 7 Exercises That Boost Sexual Performance
But others who have no medical issues can consume it in moderation and enjoy the following health benefits.
To get some relief from constipation, add a couple of teaspoons of isabgol to a cup of hot milk and consume it before bed. The fibre content in it works well in curing constipation.
Mixing isabgol with milk and drinking it after a meal can also cure acidity.
Add 2 spoons of isabgol to 3 spoons of curd and consume it along with your meals during lunch and dinner. It can cure diarrhea.
Isabgol also controls your cholesterol levels and protects your heart. It can also limit fat absorption from your food.
In a cup of warm water, add a spoon of isabgol and a few drops of lemon juice. Take this before your noon meal as it helps in losing weight by controlling appetite. It also eliminates waste material from the body.
Isabgol can slow down glucose absorption. It is how it can control the levels of blood sugar.
Those who suffer indigestion can consume isabgol along with buttermilk as it can promote digestion.
It acts like a laxative that softens the texture of stools. So, people with anal fissure may feel relieved from the pain experienced when passing hard stools.