- 4 hrs ago World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- 9 hrs ago British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- 9 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Checkered Outfits Can Totally Keep You Warm
- 9 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Recent Outfits Are What You Can Pick For DJ Night, Festivals And Red Carpet
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
The other name of isabgol is Psyllium husk. Many Indians use it as it can prevent constipation and certain other digestive issues.
Also Read: How To Heal Broken Bones Faster
But at the same time, don't over eat it as it could cause stomach cramps. Also, people who have stomach issues may need to stay away from it.
Also Read: 7 Exercises That Boost Sexual Performance
But others who have no medical issues can consume it in moderation and enjoy the following health benefits.
To get some relief from constipation, add a couple of teaspoons of isabgol to a cup of hot milk and consume it before bed. The fibre content in it works well in curing constipation.
Mixing isabgol with milk and drinking it after a meal can also cure acidity.
Add 2 spoons of isabgol to 3 spoons of curd and consume it along with your meals during lunch and dinner. It can cure diarrhea.
Isabgol also controls your cholesterol levels and protects your heart. It can also limit fat absorption from your food.
In a cup of warm water, add a spoon of isabgol and a few drops of lemon juice. Take this before your noon meal as it helps in losing weight by controlling appetite. It also eliminates waste material from the body.
Isabgol can slow down glucose absorption. It is how it can control the levels of blood sugar.
Those who suffer indigestion can consume isabgol along with buttermilk as it can promote digestion.
It acts like a laxative that softens the texture of stools. So, people with anal fissure may feel relieved from the pain experienced when passing hard stools.